POLL - Out on the StreetOut on the Street - Weekl...Out on the Street - Weekl...WATER - Weekly Comp - CHA...WATER - Weekly Comp - Ent...Deal Alert Thread.CENTRAL COMPOSITION - POL...CENTRAL COMPOSITION - CHA...CENTRAL COMPOSITION - ENT...Competitive PollPOLL - LOCALCOMPETITIVE - ENTRIES 27t...Local - Weekly Comp - Cha...COMPETITIVE - CHAT THREAD...Local - Weekly Comp - Ent...What annoyed you today?

Author Topic: LR for the iPad  (Read 850 times)

Offline Andrew

• Andrew
  • Starting from the beginning again...
    • ndrewbrown
    • Andrew Brown's Photography
LR for the iPad
« on: November 28, 2013, 01:58:36 PM »
Now, i realise that not every one owns an iPad, or even likes them, and the same can be said about Lightroom -

But apparently Adobe are developing a version of LR for the iPad. With one of the new 128gb iPad Air's and LR, would you really need to take anything else on holiday or a shoot with you?

I took 100gb images in Vegas using the 5D2 at 21mp+ per RAW image, and I can assure you - that is an awful lot of pictures and 8 mins of video.

The iPad 2 only went to 64gb and certainly did not have the processing power for those 21mp RAW files - but the 64bit Air and 128gb capacity certainly will cover all bases... as will that lovely Retina screen  :tup:

1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Offline Markulous

Re: LR for the iPad
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 03:38:34 PM »
1GB for OS, apps and processing images? Be interested to see how it copes!
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline spinner

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 11:51:07 AM »
I think we've got a long way to go before an iPad rivals a full fledged PC or Mac for photo work. I've tried a couple of the photo apps. Just gimmicky edits IMHO. :)
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Offline Andrew

• Andrew
  • Starting from the beginning again...
    • ndrewbrown
    • Andrew Brown's Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 05:03:20 PM »
I think we've got a long way to go before an iPad rivals a full fledged PC or Mac for photo work. I've tried a couple of the photo apps. Just gimmicky edits IMHO. :)

As a main platform for iamge editing, I'm not sure anything will replace a PC or Mac anytime soon. However, for travel and location purposes, I think the iPad (and maybe other tablets)are closely reaching a point of maturity. The retina screen is as good as any Apple Macbook or Desktop screen, and with the newer 128gb capacity they certainly are getting the necessary storage space for such purposes. They now work on a 64 bit O/S which is always good for processing of data such as found in images.

1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Out on the Street International Weekly Comp Entries 88/2 Jediboy Last post Today at 10:52:16 AM
xx Out on the Street - Weekly Comp Chat thread International Weekly Comp Entries 280/6 jinky Last post February 18, 2020, 05:51:06 AM
xx Out on the Street - Weekly Comp Entry thread International Weekly Comp Entries 226/5 Oldboy Last post February 17, 2020, 09:59:34 PM
xx WATER - Weekly Comp - CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 67/1 Oldboy Last post February 16, 2020, 08:35:23 PM
xx WATER - Weekly Comp - Entry Thread International Weekly Comp Entries 57/0 Jediboy Last post February 16, 2020, 06:17:23 PM
xx Deal Alert Thread. Shops directory 22508/39 Mick Last post February 15, 2020, 12:47:58 PM
xx CENTRAL COMPOSITION - POLL International Weekly Comp Entries 175/2 Jediboy Last post February 14, 2020, 12:21:18 PM
xx CENTRAL COMPOSITION - CHAT Thread 3rd - 9th Feb 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 248/3 oggalily Last post February 12, 2020, 03:22:54 AM