STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for STREETSTREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: Photography Reality TV Show  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Andrew

• Andrew
  • Starting from the beginning again...
    • ndrewbrown
    • Andrew Brown's Photography
Photography Reality TV Show
« on: November 13, 2013, 11:15:31 AM »
http://backtofront.tv/apply/

The above link takes you to a web site which will allow you to apply for the latest reality TV show - the chance to become 'the worlds next top fashion photographer'.

Personally, i can think of nothing worse than having to bitch about models and slag off fellow togs all for the benefit of ratings  :uglystupid2:, on top of which i would get tuition on the 'rules' of good fashion photography with a chance to win a prize that will doubtless offer the chance of a job, a Hassalblad or a shoot with a top model as the prize.

The only one of those 3 prize options that appeals would be a chance to shoot with Naiomi Cambpell - despite her reputation off the catwalk.

My experience with fashion photography is, you either have it or you don't! Most of the battle is about communication and building up a rapport with your team.

So, enter at your peril  :legit:

1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Offline jinky

Re: Photography Reality TV Show
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 01:01:31 PM »
Tempted if only to see what the young thrusting people in media will make of a 58 year old aspiring fashion shooter  :D

Maybe not....

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 02:39:56 PM »
Horror of Horrors, as if there aren't enough puerile programmes for instant wannabes on the TV!  :uglystupid2:

I expect they have estimated the probable take up and pitched the entrance fee at the right level to ensure its financial viability.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 02:43:01 PM by ABERS »

Offline jinky

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 03:48:09 PM »
That`s the trouble with reality shows - free to enter and you can win money so all the nutters enter. Whos in?  :D

Edit - oh no. I see it`s £10 and £25 to enter. :uglystupid2:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 03:51:55 PM by jinky »

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 10:37:29 AM »
I have seen the very first instalment of the very first 'Big Brother' show on British TV, because Daughter, who still lived at home in those days, wanted to see it.
I have avoided reality shows like the plague, ever since. You can't get away from the publicity machine though, as even the broadsheets publish 'news' about the celebrity world.
And what an empty, shallow, money driven world that is!

Or is it just me? Am I a grumpy old woman?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 07:46:16 PM »
I have seen the very first instalment of the very first 'Big Brother' show on British TV, because Daughter, who still lived at home in those days, wanted to see it.
I have avoided reality shows like the plague, ever since. You can't get away from the publicity machine though, as even the broadsheets publish 'news' about the celebrity world.
And what an empty, shallow, money driven world that is!

Or is it just me? Am I a grumpy old woman?

Both!  :2funny: :legit:

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 08:07:01 PM »
Is it really just me?

Hope I'm not grumpy tomorrow, as I'm going to return my laptop, and I want to be all sweetness and light.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 09:43:37 PM »
Fashion photography. no gracias!!!!!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 07:40:28 AM »
Is it really just me?

Hope I'm not grumpy tomorrow, as I'm going to return my laptop, and I want to be all sweetness and light.

Reality shows are the subject of derision and avoidance in this household too - daughter hates them as much as we old folks do.

Good luck with the laptop.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Andrew

• Andrew
  • Starting from the beginning again...
    • ndrewbrown
    • Andrew Brown's Photography
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 11:30:59 AM »
Pretty much don't watch any TV any more, except maybe news or a documentary developed by some one who is reputed to be honest in what the are presenting (i work on the premise that all docuentaries have a message to give) such as those by Sir David Attenborough or the late great Alan Whicker.

Reality TV is something Mrs B enjoys as she has a penchant for people studying - she likes to work out who's playing the game (to win) and who's in it just for the money or fame.

I'm ok with culture studying - it might help me prevent a misunderstanding one day (one persons greeting can be another persons insult  :o )
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 177/5 Jediboy Last post Today at 11:55:14 AM
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 65/0 Hinfrance Last post August 11, 2020, 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 187/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 233/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 74/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 28/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 290/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 271/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM