• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 71
  • Total: 71
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT: It's a small World: Weekly Comp Mon 11th Nov-Sun 17th Nov

Started by Matthew, November 10, 2013, 03:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew

This is the CHAT thread, all entries to the ENTRIES thread.

This week's theme is 'Its a small World"

It's time to appreciate the smaller things in life, so entries should be shot in the genre of "macro". The subject is entirely up to you, it can be an insect, the eye of a needle even the microchip in your PC, as long as it's small. Considerations when shooting a macro shot should include a depth of field that will compliment the subject, manual focussing for optimum control of sharpness and orientation (portrait/landscape).

No restrictions on Post Processing.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 11th November 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 17th November 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 18th November 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 19th November 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 23rd November 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

DigiDiva

When I first saw the theme, I thought of a doing a tilt shift, until I saw the macro instructions. I love this kind of thing. Looking forward to it but will be early entry as Im away to Tenerife on Saturday.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Matthew

Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Andrew

With a single body and single 35mm lens, macro will be difficult - but then that f1.4 max aperture might produce something...
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

kerbside

To be honest i thought that the definition of Macro photography was "photography producing photographs of small items larger than life size", maybe i am incorrect on this or reading the remit incorrectly.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Reinardina

Haven't got a macro lens; a macro setting will have to do.

I interpret this as macro or 'close up,' which I can do. If I find the time. And the subject. Haven't taken a photograph for a week, and then it was only the shopping centre for the competition. Haven't had a 'photo session' for ages. Simply haven't found the time.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

kerbside

Oh well i'm in with this little fellow, talk about an awkward thing to photograph let alone with extension tubes etc:

Arachnid macro

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Reinardina

kerbside

Thanks Reinardina,

Thing kept trying to escape, was about the size of a finger nail all up but Jan was having none of it and it had to be put back outside. When i showed her the picture, screen size she mumbled a comment that i cannot repeat and then  :legit:

Beaux Reflets

Wishful thinking perhaps, the Sugar's in the Crown

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

SimonW

I had some fun outdoors and in with this challenge, and finally decided to unpack the train set!

Tiny Fungi

Tiny Thomas (not the shot I entered)

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

Have hardly had time to take the camera out lately, but today I went into town in the hope to shoot some festive cheer. Not much luck there.
When I got off the bus, I suddenly realised this is the last day to take a shot for the competition. So, in desperation I took a close up (can't do macro) of the leaves that are so freely dotted around the pavement at the moment.
Did give it some tlc to make it a bit different.

I am in with:

Desperation

Jediboy

May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Just put my entry in but was annoyed by the lack of sunshine all week.  >:(

Sadly, the feather was from a dead pigeon that had been carted off by a Buzzard mostly likly, as there was loads of feathers scattered around.  :'(

kerbside

Thanks to all that voted for my Spider, my vote went to the single blade of grass but was tempted with the bee. All good entries this week and a close call.
Right thinking cap on and see what i can come up with. :uglystupid2:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.