STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollRFELCTIONS - Chat Thread...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice house

Author Topic: CHAT - TIME - Weekly Comp 29/7 to 4/8 2013  (Read 4354 times)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
CHAT - TIME - Weekly Comp 29/7 to 4/8 2013
« on: July 27, 2013, 03:00:58 PM »
CHAT thread - TIME

Entries HERE please

This week's theme is TIME.

Make your choice, timepiece, time of day, time to do something: anything you like that can reasonably seen as being related to TIME.

Absolutely no restrictions on Post Processing

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 29th July 2013 to 23:59 Sunday 4th August 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 5th Augist 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 6th Augist 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 10th August 2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 03:23:13 PM by Hinfrance »

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Re: CHAT - TIME - Weekly Comp 29/7 to 4/8 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 05:24:54 PM »
Spent a lot of time with my laptop, trying to get everything as it was, before it had to go, to be repaired.
Came back with a new operating system, so I had to reload everything.
Wasted a lot of time trying to get 54 (yes, fifty four!) updates in, but Windows wasn't having it. Now reduced to doing them a few at a time.

So lots of 'time,' but how to photograph it all?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline spikeyjen

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 12:10:00 AM »
Firstly I'm assuming that all the times you post are UK times?
So I've got a week to work out how to post in the gallery...

The last of the DCW weekend comps was OLD and NEW. I spent hours putting mine together only to find that the site was down and the comp never happened. Shame that I can't use it for this one as it would also be appropriate.

Off to put the thinking cap on.... 8)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 07:21:36 AM »
Mornin' spikeyjen. You are correct, all the times are UK standard.

I'm sorry about the work you put in to the DCM challenge being wasted. I simply never went there any more, so I have no idea what the contests might have been about ;) Maybe whoever wins this week's vote for HUGE could run old and new as the topic for the following week?

Right, I'm off to the seaside for a little bit of a short while. See you lot later. :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 07:43:54 AM »
Even if the new topic would be 'Old and New,' you'd have to reshoot it, as it wasn't taken in the time window for the competition.
You can always upload it here, as a 'memorial' to good old DCM, that turned into bad new PR and DGW.

Offline spikeyjen

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 09:15:46 AM »
Yes I know I can't reuse the image.... it's just that I went to the op shop to find some inspiration, found a pair or bloomers (yes real bloomers, original and clean in packet) then found some spunky white/ black spot bikini briefs, spend several hours (well perhaps an hour but it makes a good story), setting up the black back drop, finding red pegs, getting the light right... etc etc. Would make a nice 'time' image too, but the exif data would make me a cheat, and I'm not one of those.

so for Time - I have some new ideas that I will share when, and if, I get an image I like...
I hope you all have a sense of humour too!

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 12:54:16 PM »
Yes I know I can't reuse the image.... it's just that I went to the op shop to find some inspiration, found a pair or bloomers (yes real bloomers, original and clean in packet) then found some spunky white/ black spot bikini briefs, spend several hours (well perhaps an hour but it makes a good story), setting up the black back drop, finding red pegs, getting the light right... etc etc. Would make a nice 'time' image too, but the exif data would make me a cheat, and I'm not one of those.

so for Time - I have some new ideas that I will share when, and if, I get an image I like...
I hope you all have a sense of humour too!

Sounds good. Pity it was all wasted. As far as the competition goes anyway. But you will be left with a good image, so not everything is lost!

And I'm sure most of us on CC have a sense of humour, otherwise I wouldn't have entered my 'huge bottom' entry in this week's comp.

Offline spikeyjen

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 12:23:14 PM »
I really liked that image Reinardina, a sad indictment on the state of the health of our communities, but a story that needs to be told.

well I've just uploaded my first comp image, I followed all the instructions given by Mick and it worked (I think it's in the right spot).
I guess if I can work it out, then anyone can.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 01:09:32 PM »
I really liked that image Reinardina, a sad indictment on the state of the health of our communities, but a story that needs to be told.

well I've just uploaded my first comp image, I followed all the instructions given by Mick and it worked (I think it's in the right spot).
I guess if I can work it out, then anyone can.

Right time, right place. Good luck!

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 03:51:05 PM »
It's about time I put my entry in.

Is that the time?

Offline jinky

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 05:53:04 PM »
Not too late?  ;)
As my precious old NUFC watch was the worse for wear he made the ultimate sacrifice to be broken up for the weekly comp.

Timepieces

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 08:13:57 AM »
Im about to head out for my shoot. Weather changeable this morning though so hope the rain stays away for a while..just whiling away 10 mins on here whilst I top up the charge on my camera battery and my mobile. Was too tipsy last night to remember to put them on charge overnight!

I have an idea that I hope comes off. Wish me luck.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Online Oldboy

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 08:42:31 AM »
Was too tipsy last night to remember to put them on charge overnight!

You mean you are a drunkard?

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 09:31:38 AM »
Was too tipsy last night to remember to put them on charge overnight!

You mean you are a drunkard?

Even if you aren't, I hope you don't drive in the morning!

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 09:40:49 AM »
Up at the crack of dawn once again and ventured out just before Breakfast, getting the shot at 7.27am (6.27am UK) as the sun rose over the horizon.

Break Fast Time

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 09:44:28 AM by Beaux Reflets »
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 101/2 Oldboy Last post Today at 05:58:50 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 189/4 anglefire Last post Today at 04:51:11 PM
xx RFELCTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 38/2 Jediboy Last post Today at 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 9/0 Jediboy Last post Today at 03:20:15 PM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 61/1 jinky Last post Today at 07:40:00 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 233/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 254/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636697/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM