• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 110
  • Total: 110
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Terrapin Pic

Started by Geoff, July 18, 2013, 05:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Hi just got a call from local daily post editor she publishing my pic on saturday 20th july
This pic I took at local Rhyl pond

Geoff

Hi here is the story that went in todays Denbighshire daily post along with above image

Pets dumped in Teenage Mutant Hero Turtle craze still going strong at nature reserve
20 Jul 2013 09:36
The little creatures were a huge hit back in the day, but the novelty soon wore off and the animals made a new home

Share on print Share on email
A terrapin in the Brickfield Pond in RhylA terrapin in the Brickfield Pond in Rhyl
Geoff Leedham
THE Teenage Mutant Hero Turtle craze of the 1980s is to blame for the number of terrapins living at a nature reserve.

Raphael, Donatello, Leonardo and Michelangelo sparked a pet shop surge as parents bought reptiles for children who loved the "heroes in a half shell".

But when the fad died down and youngsters got bored of "turtle power", the red-eared terrapins were dumped at Brickfield Pond in Rhyl.

There they caused problems as they munched on the local wildlife until their eating habits matured and they became herbivores.

Daily Post reader Geoff Leedham captured pictures of a terrapin soaking up the sunshine amid this week's heatwave.

Denbighshire's countryside officer Garry Davies said the creatures enjoy the heat as they are used to more tropical climes of southern USA, but their basking on nests of moorhens has been interfering with their breeding success.

Because of this, some have been caught and taken back to pet shops to be resold.

Jediboy

Good stuff Geoff.
Well done.
:)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Geoff

Thanks M8 really chuffed with that pic and it going in the paper  sweet,  not had anything published since I started with digital camera's so I hope this will be the 1st of many, also the paper went out and did there homework made it better  Had a few in the camera mags around 18 yrs ago.
:)

Geoff 

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.