Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...Drone

Author Topic: www.dabs.com  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
www.dabs.com
« on: February 16, 2013, 08:40:40 AM »
Another great place to pick up some bargains http://www.dabs.com

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline Oldboy

Re: www.dabs.com
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 07:03:59 PM »
Used them last week to buy 2x 3gb Buffalo hard drives.  :tup:

Offline Markulous

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 10:17:41 AM »
Used to use them all the time when first set up as they were excellent with great after-sales service. But they sold out to BT in 2006 (blimey, was it that long ago?) and service went downhill. They appear to be better nowadays but I don't really use them as there are plenty as cheap with good after-sales. Mainly use aria.co.uk (for price) and Overclockers UK (bought one of my early PCs from them before they became OC UK and big!)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 10:42:56 AM »
Same here - used to use them a lot but got seriously let down at about that time and haven't been back since.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 10:56:35 AM »
Used them a few times over the years, but not often enough to have experienced the drop in service.  Glad they are back up to speed though.

Now the reason I post these links for 7dayshop mymemory dabs ets is because using these links will get cameracraniums a small commission if someone makes a purchase, and this helps to keep the site alive with hosting costs modifications etc. That way I figure it won't have to rely so heavily on the donations button, or me digging into my pocket.  ;)

So far it's not earnt more than about £37.00 in the last 5 years, but it all helps.

My Gallery

Offline Markulous

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 07:57:45 AM »
Now the reason I post these links for 7dayshop mymemory dabs ets is because using these links will get cameracraniums a small commission if someone makes a purchase, and this helps to keep the site alive with hosting costs modifications etc. That way I figure it won't have to rely so heavily on the donations button, or me digging into my pocket.  ;)

:tup:
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 08:17:09 AM »

So far it's not earnt more than about £37.00 in the last 5 years, but it all helps.

It would be nice to see Camera Craniums generating some real solid substantial funds. Then there could be a Camera Craniums POTY comp along with perhaps some useful philanthropy to assist novice, disabled, etc as they take up an interest in this wonderful Art.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 08:30:38 AM »

It would be nice to see Camera Craniums generating some real solid substantial funds. Then there could be a Camera Craniums POTY comp along with perhaps some useful philanthropy to assist novice, disabled, etc as they take up an interest in this wonderful Art.

Andy, would be nice to be able to offer prizes, even small prizes on a monthly basis, but I can't see that happening for quite some time. lol..  Perhaps I need to start begging for sponsors again.  ;)

My Gallery

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 08:51:48 AM »

Admirable thought Andy. But as my old CEO used to say when such a proposal was put forward, " Yes good idea, and I'd like to spend an evening with Tina Turner as well".  ???

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 09:05:34 AM »

Admirable thought Andy. But as my old CEO used to say when such a proposal was put forward, " Yes good idea, and I'd like to spend an evening with Tina Turner as well".  ???

From little acorns Oak trees grow - Who's to say what can be achieved with a little nurture and watering of all the good seeds sown on here.   :)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Paul Montgomery

• My photography website
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 06:27:18 PM »
I hadn't thought about it before, but does that mean that if I want to get something from Dabs, its better that I click on the link above rather than typing the url into my browser?

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 23/2 Hinfrance Last post Today at 08:05:53 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 198/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 635062/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 38/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 25/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 174/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 213/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM
xx TIME OUT. Entry thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 170/3 Oldboy Last post July 27, 2020, 10:17:12 PM