Horizons PollCanon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: Great Photo's  (Read 2592 times)

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
Great Photo's
« on: February 10, 2013, 08:12:14 AM »
Well worth a look

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-21359387

A couple of stunners in there.

Don't drink the water! :o otherwise you'll  :legit:

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
Re: Great Photo's
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 11:10:42 AM »
A few I like in there, thanks for sharing Alan.

I wish I could revisit India and perhaps visit parts of Africa one day (having been watching David Attenborough series and seen the fantastic rainbows).
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline jinky

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 11:24:23 AM »
Great shots.
I`m off to India on Thursday. Golden Triangle tour taking in Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. Not likely to get anything this standard but I can dream :P
Big dilemna at the moment is what lenses and body to take. D7000 for the lesser weight and notionally extra reach with the crop factor or my D700 for better low light performance and stuffg the extra few grammes. Also do I take my heavier 24-70 and 70-200 or lighten up with my old tamron 28-75 and 70-300 Vr with a couple of fast primes - keep changing my mind  :doh:

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »
Just take a Panasonic TZ - according to the adverts it'll do everything you need . .  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Graham

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 01:01:10 PM »
  Take the best stuff you have and MTFU! :legit:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 01:25:37 PM »
You could always arrange for a couple of native porters and an elephant to meet you at the airport!

Offline jinky

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 03:12:16 PM »

;D Had to look that one up!
Trouble is I am reading that Virgin only allow 6kg in economy for carry on so will have to weigh it all up - literally. ;)

H my TZ fails to do everything but I`ll be taking my Sony H20v for its video and panoramsas.

Offline Graham

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 03:37:11 PM »

;D Had to look that one up!
Trouble is I am reading that Virgin only allow 6kg in economy for carry on so will have to weigh it all up - literally. ;)

H my TZ fails to do everything but I`ll be taking my Sony H20v for its video and panoramsas.

How many clothes are you taking? I mean, how much does a pair of sandals and a loincloth weigh?   :)

Sorry, borderline racist.  :-[
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline jinky

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 04:05:33 PM »
I am fine for clothes - good checked allowance. Just the camera bag which weighs in around 11kg usually with all my best gear in it :doh:

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 04:21:21 PM »
I am fine for clothes - good checked allowance. Just the camera bag which weighs in around 11kg usually with all my best gear in it :doh:

Perhaps take the most waterproof gear Paul - Thunderstorms are heavier there than in the UK- Roads become rivers in a matter of seconds  :) - http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Delhi-INXX0038

Have a great time and looking forward to seeing your shots  :tup:

The Taj is quieter at the beginning and end of the day - so less bodies and heads getting into shot just at the wrong moment.  :D  ;D
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Matthew

• Life is what you make it.
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 05:27:34 PM »

How many clothes are you taking? I mean, how much does a pair of sandals and a loincloth weigh?   :)

Sorry, borderline racist.  :-[

:2funny: :2funny:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 05:38:36 PM »
Don't want to worry you Jinky but: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-20942434   :o

Have a great time.  :tup:

Offline jinky

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 06:28:17 PM »
If I`d been there on 8th January as per article date maybe I`d be worried but I am told by a contact out there just now it`s 18- 20c in the daytime so fine for me even if a few showers / storms here and there.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 07:19:27 PM »

Well, that's easily solved then. I presume Mrs Jinky is going with you? Well, 6kg in your carry onboard, withe the remaining 5kg in Mrs Jinky's carry onboard, and she'll still have enough left over for her copy of Fifty Shades of Grey. Sorted.

Hope that you have a fabulous time, looking forward to seeing some examples of your pictures when you get back.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline jinky

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 09:43:53 AM »
You`ve not seen how much Mrs J packs H! I`l trust most of my batteries / chager to the case and see how I go. I`ll have to see that I get it right as a model as I`ve just been really naughty and booked a trip to South Africa including a three day safari in September too now. I`ve decided that this year is the gap year I never had. The only gap year I took between 6th form and university I spent working for the Gas Board in Walker!(That`s a part of Newcastle)

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 135/1 Oldboy Last post August 08, 2020, 11:48:53 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 230/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 249/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636542/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 62/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 207/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 242/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM