POLL - Song Title HeronSong Title CHAT thread 1s...Song Title ENTRY thread 1...Poll - Days out - 18th-25...Windows 10 19H1 is headin...POLL - SchoolSchool - Weekly Comp Entr...SCHOOL - Weekly comp Chat...Entry Thread - Days out -...POLL - DoorwaysChat Thread - Days out - ...1957 Ferrari California 2...Doorways - Entry Thread w...Anything Goes Poll 4-11th...Anything Goes - Chat Thre...

Author Topic: you fat chav  (Read 1029 times)

Offline alan1572

• I'll do it tomorrow

Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: you fat chav
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 07:58:33 PM »
Very amusing and probably true . .

Years ago I was involved in an accident when my MGF VVC went sideways into another car on a dual carriageway at about 40mph in the wet. The MGF VVCs had a very definite defect that lead them to spin unexpectedly - my wife had already managed a 360 at less than 30mph in mine and two other people I knew who had them had also left the road for no reason. Seriously the most scary car I have ever driven.

Anyway, I digress, the car I hit (when I say hit, I mean sideswiped, I sort of glanced of it on my way into the hedge) had three people in it, on their way to the airport for a two week Carribean holiday. They went on the holiday, probably had a good time, but you'll never guess what; yep, when they got back from their holiday they all suddenly found that they had delayed action whiplash, from a glancing side impact mark you. I was furious when my insurance company paid up, but they said it was cheaper than arguing. I agree, if it was only once, but when it happens all the time . . .  ???
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 08:49:54 PM »
I was on a bus once when a car driver who had just parked up. Glancing up he noticed a better space a couple of cars infront, so without looking to his left just turned his wheel and hit the side of the bus, which was standing still due to traffic. When I relized what he was going to do I even banged on the window but he didn't hear. He agreed at the time it was his fault, but some months later tried to claim damages off the bus company.
As I had given my name to the bus driver as a witness their solicitors had written to me. I replied with a full statement and sketch. Didn't hear anything more. Was just disappointed the solicitors didn't send me a note saying thanks.  :(

Offline alan1572

• I'll do it tomorrow
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 11:06:35 AM »
oldboy, you only tend to get contact when people want something >:(
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 08:24:05 PM »
oldboy, you only tend to get contact when people want something >:(
I know, but good manners doesn't cost anything.  :'(

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Song Title International Weekly Comp Entries 167/3 Jediboy Last post September 15, 2019, 10:57:01 PM
xx Heron Wildlife Photography 86/3 jinky Last post September 15, 2019, 12:19:57 PM
xx Song Title CHAT thread 1st-8th September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 809/36 jinky Last post September 13, 2019, 03:02:01 PM
xx Song Title ENTRY thread 1st-8th September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 154/4 Jediboy Last post September 09, 2019, 03:08:08 PM
xx Poll - Days out - 18th-25th August 2019 International Weekly Comp Entries 298/7 Hinfrance Last post September 08, 2019, 07:17:09 AM
xx Windows 10 19H1 is heading your way. PC computer questions, tips and how to's 2761/35 Mick Last post September 07, 2019, 02:45:08 PM
xx POLL - School International Weekly Comp Entries 82/0 Jediboy Last post September 03, 2019, 12:02:14 PM
xx School - Weekly Comp Entry thread International Weekly Comp Entries 199/4 Jediboy Last post September 02, 2019, 10:39:51 PM