Horizons PollCanon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: CHAT - IN YOUR DREAMS Weekly Comp 31st Dec 2012 to 6th Jan 2013  (Read 4525 times)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
CHAT - IN YOUR DREAMS Weekly Comp 31st Dec 2012 to 6th Jan 2013
« on: December 30, 2012, 11:04:00 AM »
CHAT - IN YOUR DREAMS  Weekly Comp 31st Dec 2012 to 6th Jan 2013

This weeks topic for the competition is...

IN YOUR DREAMS

To add a twist to the usual expectation of a New Years Resolution theme (as I am useless at keeping to them) I thought this weeks challenge would simply be about dreams.

The subject matter is totally up to you, from 'I wish I could have or do this' to a shot depicting your worst nightmare or perhaps a more romantic sweet dream.

Anything goes, from something quite simple by way of a single shot, to a composite composition as wild as your imagination takes you (remembering that this site is visible to very young and impressionable minds).

No restrictions on any PPing

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 31st Dec 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 6th Jan 2013.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 7th January 2013.
Poll will be up Tuesday 8th January 2013.
Winner to be announced Saturday 12th  January  2013.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Above all have fun.

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Matthew

• Life is what you make it.
Re: CHAT - IN YOUR DREAMS Weekly Comp 31st Dec 2012 to 6th Jan 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 12:07:29 PM »
Ooh, I'll think I will give this a go. Although I don't know if I could bring my dreams into the realms of reality.......unless anyone knows where I can get a T80 Battle Tank, an old Manor House, 20ft version of the pub landlord down my local, various laser gun wielding trolls, a 10ft robot assassin and a high powered supercar.........yes these all featured in one dream, best not to ask, although this particular dream was one of the tame ones. Usually they are even more obscure...... :uglystupid2:
Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 09:27:55 AM »
I'm still racking the old worn out brain  :-\ Glad I do not get dreams like your Matt  ;)

Offline Sarasocke

• my flickr
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 12:01:28 PM »
That does sound weird, Matt!

I think I'll have to come up with something that I dream about when I'm awake :)
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 05:00:34 PM »
Matt, you've got me worried!

I do not always remember dreams, but the last one I do remember, was about me standing at a bus stop, when a friend suddenly popped up from across the road. We greeted each other the Inuit way. Rubbing noses! Haven't got a clue where that came from.

Don't know yet where to go with this one: wishful thinking/dreaming, nightmare (trying to de clutter at the moment, so plenty of nightmare stuff about, but maybe not very photogenic), real dream or nightmare.

Have to sleep on it, maybe a dream will bring the answer.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 05:29:09 PM »
Don't know yet where to go with this one: wishful thinking/dreaming, nightmare (trying to de clutter at the moment, so plenty of nightmare stuff about, but maybe not very photogenic), real dream or nightmare.

It could always be that Million Dollar Boat and a mooring you once dreamt you would be owning Reinardina   ;)

Offline Matthew

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 08:41:55 PM »
Oh yes, my dreams are very weird and vivid....I always remember them. I think mine could give a few million dollar blockbuster movies a run for their money! :D My last dream, I was on this assualt course with other competitors and I came up against this brick wall with a plastic ledge at the top. I had to climb over it, but the guy beside me cheated and went round the side....I went over and had to run across this field, I got halfway across, but then I couldn't move and just lay down. I got told by the instructor that I came 12th and I got given a trophy made of polystyrene. He then turned to the 1st place guy and said to him, "This guy here (me) is the true champ......did you know he rowed 320 miles up the Nile and then ran all the way here?"........ :uglystupid2:

Never argue with a stupid person, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 09:27:49 PM »

It could always be that Million Dollar Boat and a mooring you once dreamt you would be owning Reinardina   ;)

Southampton marina doesn't sport that kind of vessel.
Still trying to get to grips with windows 8, and haven't taken many photographs recently. Well, hardly any.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 04:49:22 PM »
Decided on what to hopefully do for this one today, but the light has been really rotten - Dull as dull can be  :'(  - Perhaps we will see some blue sky tomorrow and a wee bit of sunlight shining through  :(

Offline Matthew

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 07:46:35 PM »
Havent been behind the lens yet due to a manic week at work.....don't get me wrong, the 2 days off for New Years Day and the day after were welcome, but it dont half make you chase your tail when you go back.

Taking the camera out and about with me tomorrow, so will hopefully cobble something together for the competition. ???

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 07:54:31 PM »
Taking the camera out and about with me tomorrow, so will hopefully cobble something together for the competition. ???

In your dreams  :2funny: never known you to 'cobble' things together Matt  ;) :2funny: Oh  ::) forgot about the veg in the Malt  :2funny:

Offline Matthew

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2013, 09:43:30 PM »
 :2funny: Ice is now in a seperate drawer... :2funny:

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2013, 10:07:52 PM »
I had to go with my nightmare, which, in a way, is also associated with an 'I wish' dream: I wish I could find this OS Windows 8 as brilliant, as most of the computer experts!
But I don't, so for the time being, it is my nightmare.

Hmmm ... it looks a bit lopsided, so I may have a go at correcting that, before I enter it. If I have the time.

Or maybe not, as a nightmare is seldom perfect!

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 10:42:44 PM »
What gets me Reinardina, is the way these things are thrust into your face as though you could never do without them  ;) - Is there really any improvement on what is available via Vista?

Just added another Epsom to the family PC and having their newest ways now traced in every nook so it seems is annoying to put it mildly. Probably should have put this in the what annoyed me today - 'progress' seems a real nightmare these days.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 10:44:16 PM by Beaux Reflets »

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 08:48:56 AM »
The old epithet 'anything new and improved is likely to be neither new nor an improvement'
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 135/1 Oldboy Last post August 08, 2020, 11:48:53 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 230/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 249/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636541/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 62/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 207/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 242/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM