Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons PollHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: Nothing to do with photography.  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Nothing to do with photography.
« on: December 19, 2012, 08:50:52 AM »
Does anyone know where I can find my contacts details in Gmail?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
Re: Nothing to do with photography.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 09:12:49 AM »
In my own gmail, at the left hand side below links for inbox, spam, trash etc is one for circles, with a small right-pointing arrow beside it. If I click this it points down and the section is expanded to give friends, family, acquaintances etc. Clicking one of these give a page with a row of avatars and the word "more" at the end. Clicking "more" gets you their names, and clicking a name gets their email address....

There really must be an easier way.....
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 09:25:52 AM »
Thanks Simon. Just checked and I don't have the 'circles.'
There used to be a link for 'contacts' but that disappeared. Very annoying, as the address of every email I send is stored apparently, and I can't remove any.
Particularly difficult when someone has changed email address; all the old addresses are still there and after a while, I cannot remember which one is the right one. (S'pose that's age for you.)

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:44:34 AM »
Hmmm ... feel a bit silly now ...

Just discovered something I must have overlooked for ages: Top left corner, above the 'Compose' button, is the word 'Gmail' in red, with a down arrow. And lo and behold, that's where they're hidden!

So this problem is solved, but still on the subject of mail, I'm not impressed with the new lay out (the Header) of Flickr. To sign out, or go to your fmail, you have to dig out these features from under your avatar.
I find this annoying, as I cannot see any mail coming in.

Offline Delamanda

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 09:49:40 AM »
Thanks for the tip Reinardina!  I was just in Flickr trying to work out where the fmail function had gone.  Yes, the new system is very annoying >:(

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 09:56:07 AM »
Thanks for the tip Reinardina!  I was just in Flickr trying to work out where the fmail function had gone.  Yes, the new system is very annoying >:(

Only discovered it by accident; doesn't make the system easy to use, so I suppose they must get loads of protests and will (have to) restore visible icons?

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 08:46:10 AM »
 Reinardina, don't feel silly. Maybe the link above the compose button wasn't there when you looked previously. I don't appear to have one on my screen now, but I'm sure there used to be an easy way of viewing contacts so I expect a dilligent search will find it somewhere about.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 07:49:26 PM »
Reinardina, don't feel silly. Maybe the link above the compose button wasn't there when you looked previously. I don't appear to have one on my screen now, but I'm sure there used to be an easy way of viewing contacts so I expect a dilligent search will find it somewhere about.

Thanks for that Simon!
I use a series Gmail addresses, and they all have the red 'Gmail' link above the Compose button.

My oldest Gmail address however (dating from the beta time, when you had to be invited), has a slightly different set of links on the left.
It does not have the 'Starred' link, and the 'Spam' link is the fifth, immediately under 'drafts.' Much easier than the other ones, where I have to scroll and go to 'more' to see if I have any spam.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 203/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 75/0 jinky Last post August 04, 2020, 10:13:43 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 233/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636053/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 56/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 195/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 235/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM