POLL - Home and GardenHOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...

Author Topic: Just a newbie here  (Read 1725 times)

Offline juliagarner

• Julia Garner
  • Julia Garner a graduate of Communication Arts in the University of Texas and has found her niche writing about marketing, advertising, branding, graphic design, and desktop publishing. She writes for www.PrintPlace.com and is a die-hard advocate for their
    • Print Place
Just a newbie here
« on: August 21, 2012, 08:11:22 AM »
I am Julia Garner a graduate of Communication Arts in the University of Texas and I found my niche writing about marketing, advertising, branding, graphic design, and desktop publishing. I writes for www.PrintPlace.com and is a die-hard advocate for their well-made products like the easy-to-order brochure printing and richly printed postcards among others. I am also enjoys playing the guitar, cooking and spending time with her family and taking photos.

Julia loves to write easy-to-order brochure printing

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
Re: Just a newbie here
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 08:23:29 AM »
I am Julia Garner a graduate of Communication Arts in the University of Texas and I found my niche writing about marketing, advertising, branding, graphic design, and desktop publishing. I writes for www.PrintPlace.com and is a die-hard advocate for their well-made products like the easy-to-order brochure printing and richly printed postcards among others. I am also enjoys playing the guitar, cooking and spending time with her family and taking photos.

Welcome Julia. Not too sure that there is much call easy to order brochures here! Are you from the West Country?

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 08:44:44 AM »

Welcome Julia. Not too sure that there is much call easy to order brochures here! Are you from the West Country?

I suppose Texas is the 'West Country.'

Welcome Julia. As Abers says, there won't be that much interest in brocures here. On this forum we're more interested in your photography.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 12:59:35 PM »
And a welcome from me; Looking forward to see your photography.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline donoreo

• Global Moderator
  • I cannot deny anything I did not say
    • donsmithphoto2011
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 02:44:40 PM »
Seems like spam to me.  I doubt she exists. 

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 04:54:40 PM »

That was my first thought too, but I did not want to hurt any feelings, just in case she is genuine.

Her newbie introduction on the GIMP forum is written in the third person, and she has changed it to the first person for us. Maybe to make it more personal?

However, she hasn't been too careful ('I writes' and 'I enjoys') when editing the piece, which does not make a good advertisement for someone who found her "niche writing about marketing, advertising, branding, graphic design, and desktop publishing."

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 06:23:03 PM »

However, she hasn't been too careful ('I writes' and 'I enjoys') when editing the piece,

That's why I thought she might be from the West Country me ole dears. :-\

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 07:13:35 PM »

However, she hasn't been too careful ('I writes' and 'I enjoys') when editing the piece,

That's why I thought she might be from the West Country me ole dears. :-\

Sorry Alan, it only now clicks into place.
Being Dutch it didn't register immediately. I'm still regularly caught out by regional speech/accents/expressions.

I think we're all agreed then; mewbie isn't really into photography.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Home and Garden International Weekly Comp Entries 79/0 Jediboy Last post April 07, 2020, 11:06:27 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 179/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:46:19 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 170/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:45:17 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 109/4 Jediboy Last post April 06, 2020, 04:14:53 PM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 226/5 Jediboy Last post April 05, 2020, 11:46:39 PM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 68/0 jinky Last post April 05, 2020, 10:28:18 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 594548/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571837/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM