Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons PollHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: CHAT THREAD for Weekly Comp: Mon 2nd July to Sunday 8th July - SILHOUETTE(S)  (Read 3483 times)

Offline Delamanda

As Digidiva is enjoying sunnier climes and cocktails, I'm setting this week's comp and hope she approves of my choice!

SILHOUETTE(S) is the topic for this week, either naturally found or created in post processing.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 2nd July 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 8th  July 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 9th July 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 10th July 2012.
Winner to be announced Saturday 14th July 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...
By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Not quite back into the normal routine after my holiday. Just remembered the weekly competition, and as I had shot an almost silhouette, due to the horrible dark weather, I tweaked it a little and hey presto!

I'm in with this one:

Lady.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
No entry from me this week I'm afraid - too many relatives too contend with :) It was a pleasure, but there was no time for anything else.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
Me neither I'm afraid. Too busy "babysitting" a stroppy grandchild. Thought I had taken one which might do but it didn't live up to my hopes.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
I ran a few shots off of this view and cloud formation, not really thinking about silhouettes per say; simply as the compositional lines and echoing shapes in the light caught my eye.  :tup:

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Reinardina

Only a few hours to go. If this is it, I am glad I remembered in time, and jacked up the number of entries by 50%!

Offline Sarasocke

• my flickr
They'll all come in at the last minute, Reinardina :)

This is mine. I spent all last week in Romania, based in Bucharest. As usual we were dealing with animal protection which is a shambles in Romania to say the least.

These puppies were in a shelter in Pitesti, about one hour outside of Bucharest. The shelter is the largest in the world with about 4000 dogs plus various donkeys, horses, cats etc. The shelter is situated outside of the town in the forest where no-one is disturbed. Many dogs are free to roam but don't go far - they get food and shelter as needed. Every morning the two resident vets neuter stray dogs brought in from the town. They are kept in the shelter until they're fit again (a couple of days) and then they're set free again as part of a "neuter and release" programme.

This particular shelter is run by a lady from Stuttgart and seems to run like clockwork. Very unusual in Romania.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Offline Reinardina

Not all Carol, at least not this time! Glad you made it though. Very few entries this time, probably caused by the holidays.
I'm still not quite 'with it,' and have an enormous backlog of photos to edit, and I'm adding more and more, as there seems to something on every weekend at the moment.

Offline Oldboy

Very few entries this time, probably caused by the holidays.

Not holidays but lack of sunshine!  :(

Offline Reinardina

The sun wasn't shining when I took my shot; it was raining!

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets

It was well hidden when I took mine too  ;) ; and I just had to meter off the sky before rain stopped play :D so little in the way of pp ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Sarasocke

• my flickr
It was certainly shining when I took mine. In Romania we had 39°, no clouds. A bit too much for me...
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Offline jinky

Just no time for shooting for me just now either and after todays news of my mum faltering it`s back up to Newcastle tomorrow so not likely to shoot this weekend coming either  :'(. Not a good  time just now.

Offline Oldboy

Yes, but I wanted to take a shot of a Butterfly/Insect on a leaf, but shot from underneath, for that you need sunshine.  ???

Offline Reinardina

Yes, but I wanted to take a shot of a Butterfly/Insect on a leaf, but shot from underneath, for that you need sunshine.  ???

Yes, and a butterfly, and do they sit on leaves in the rain?

Do you always start out with a set idea/set up, that you then have to find/photograph?

I always 'go with the flow' and never know beforehand, what I'll come across.
This week's entry was different, as I happened to have taken the shot of the lady in the near dark under the trees. If I hadn't, there wouldn't have been an entry from me either.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 197/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 65/0 jinky Last post August 04, 2020, 10:13:43 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 229/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 635992/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 55/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 192/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 234/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM