• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 148
  • Total: 148
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Chat SPARKLE & GLEAM - Weekly comp 4th - 10th June 2012

Started by Beaux Reflets, June 03, 2012, 08:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaux Reflets

The theme for this week's competition, Sparkle and Gleam. Anything from a polished car, glass, water scene, to portrait; the list is endless.

Post processing is allowed.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 4th of June 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 10th June 2012 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 11th  June 2012.
Poll will be up Tuesday 12th June May 2012.
Winner to be announced Saturday 16th June 2012.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...
By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Are you trying to get me to do the, long overdue, spring clean?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on June 03, 2012, 08:45:07 PM
Are you trying to get me to do the, long overdue, spring clean?

No, I took a couple of shots of old motors on their way to a car show the other day and they gleamed  :tup: unlike our banger  :2funny:

Hinfrance

Just about any picture of one of the currently in vogue ghastly shiny computer screens should do the trick then . .

But I think I'll try to find something a little more interesting.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

I did a series of beautiful gleaming cars not that long ago, for the competition on 'that' site. Spent an hour or so, in the local Jaguar showroom; still hoping to win the lottery, so I can afford one of those, plus driver.  (As I had to give up my licence, when my eyesight went.)

Reinardina

No gleaming cars from me this time. Au contraire*, just a selfie, on a simple, gleaming post. Called it 'Self portrait of a very leggy blonde.'

Sigmund F, will have lots to say about it, and who knows why my subconscious mind steered me in that direction. My conscious mind, just wanted a portrait with nice long legs, so that is my defence.

This is it:

* I may occasionally use the odd word or two of French, as I have acquired a new French Flickr contact, whose English is worse than my French. With a bit of luck my school French will improve a bit.

Reinardina

Changed my mind about my entry. Am quite proud, I worked out how to change it; so compliments to Mick. It is indeed an easy site to use! Just apply logic and it works.

I am now in with my 'Painted Lady.'

DigiDiva

I have managed another entry this week...Last week was impossible due to my son's wedding but I hope you like my image

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

Hope the wedding went well DD.

I'm in with my excuses. After a week slogging away at re-laying the patio (still only 1/3rd done) today was the day I was going to get something sparkly photographed. Somehow the weather from the UK has arrived and it's all a bit dull dreary and soggy.

So I polished up an apple and found a candle to get a bit of a gleam on:

Post processing involved a gradient layer mask between the exposure for the candle and the exposure for the apple, a bit of curves and general all purpose type minor tweaking.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Beaux Reflets

Yup, clouds and rain here too, so no sunny sparkle of the dew, and I ended up improvising an indoor shot as well.

DigiDiva

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 10, 2012, 03:41:42 PM
Hope the wedding went well DD.

The wedding was fantastic, all the couple wanted and more. Thanks
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Beaux Reflets

Congratultions to Colin on a comfortable win  :tup:

And thank you to those who voted for my shot  :beer:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.