MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for...MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES...Photoshop subscriptionPOLL-FLORA MONOCHROMEPoll for GLASSGLASS - ENTRY thread - t...CHAT-FLORA MONOCHROME-Wee...ENTRIES-FLORA MONOCHROME-...1Dx Mk3GLASS chat thread - th...POLL DECONSTRUCTEDDeconstructed - ENTRIES 2...Deconstructed - CHAT 26th...POLL for 50:50Canon EF300 F2.8L IS Mk1ENTRIES-50:50-Weekly Comp...

Author Topic: Uncle Bob at wedding  (Read 3004 times)

Offline ShawWellPete

Uncle Bob at wedding
« on: May 20, 2012, 12:25:02 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place to post these

I was at a lovely wedding yesterday of some good friends, they had a professional photographer there who was a very good guy and certainly seemed to know what he was talking about.

I kept out of his way, but he left when the wedding breakfast started so I took a few photos.

It was a lot of fun, there are loads of photos here http://www.theblandfords.com/NeilandHarriet'sWedding/index.html but these are my favourites...

a quickr pickr post

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
Re: Uncle Bob at wedding
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 12:33:16 PM »
Pete, excellent pics, thanks for sharing.  Looks like a fantastic day was had by all.   :beer:

Was this guy on helium or something, sure got some height to that jump, lol..  :D

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline ShawWellPete

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 12:39:41 PM »
Pete, excellent pics, thanks for sharing.  Looks like a fantastic day was had by all.   :beer:

Was this guy on helium or something, sure got some height to that jump, lol..  :D

;D

Thanks Mick, the guys is a West End actor and dancer, so getting some height was easy for him!

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 12:57:53 PM »
I bet these will be the favourite photographs!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Graham

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 02:02:27 PM »
What a great set. Full of joy.
                 Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 02:07:04 PM »
Nice shots and welcome to CC
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline mondmagu

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »
Great set of shots.Number 12 is fab,certainly catches the occasion.The place was obviously hoppin'!!!!  ;D :beer:

Offline irv_b

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »
A great set of pictures Pete. The official photographer left to early judging by the shots you got - well done! Oh and welcome to CC btw :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Offline jinky

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 04:14:20 PM »
Great shots Peter. Hardly your average Uncle Bob with your skill set and a D800 to boot!  :)

I must admit a couple of flickr groups I look in on where the pros go on and on about Uncle Bob`s annoy me a little. I think people forget we all like to have a little shot or two when we can at weddings and know I always take a body and one or two lenses for a little play. As you say as long as you keep out of the paid pro`s way and don`t interfere with his posing / light set up with random flashing / calling I don`t see the harm Having started doing a few weddings myself I tend to set up, invite shooters in then move them around and shoot again or just ask people to remember I`m being paid and look at me and not had a problem yet. I`m sure I`ll change my tune the first time I meet an arrogant so and so.

Offline Cathus

• http://blog.glnphotography.com
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 04:43:38 PM »
nice set, I take it you enhanced the depth of field out of focus effects in a few of the earlier ones, was that Photoshop filter or just selective blurring, it's a nice effect.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 04:47:05 PM »
A D800 - How did you get that?  :'(

Cracking series of shots and the jumping was a wonderful idea.  :tup:

Offline ShawWellPete

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 05:59:23 PM »
I bet these will be the favourite photographs!

Not sure about that but thank you!

What a great set. Full of joy.
                 Graham. :tup:

Thanks Graham, it was a lot of fun

Nice shots and welcome to CC

Thank you!

Great set of shots.Number 12 is fab,certainly catches the occasion.The place was obviously hoppin'!!!!  ;D :beer:

You're not wrong, I'll be honest for a long day like that I'm grateful to have the camera to slow down my drinking!  :beer:

A great set of pictures Pete. The official photographer left to early judging by the shots you got - well done! Oh and welcome to CC btw :tup:

Thank you, the fact that he left made me a lot more comfortable getting off my seat during the speeches to make sure they had a record of it.

nice set, I take it you enhanced the depth of field out of focus effects in a few of the earlier ones, was that Photoshop filter or just selective blurring, it's a nice effect.

No filters or photoshop, they were taken with either the 135m F2 or the 85mm 1.4 on a full frame. Not much depth of field!

Great shots Peter. Hardly your average Uncle Bob with your skill set and a D800 to boot!  :)

I must admit a couple of flickr groups I look in on where the pros go on and on about Uncle Bob`s annoy me a little. I think people forget we all like to have a little shot or two when we can at weddings and know I always take a body and one or two lenses for a little play. As you say as long as you keep out of the paid pro`s way and don`t interfere with his posing / light set up with random flashing / calling I don`t see the harm Having started doing a few weddings myself I tend to set up, invite shooters in then move them around and shoot again or just ask people to remember I`m being paid and look at me and not had a problem yet. I`m sure I`ll change my tune the first time I meet an arrogant so and so.

I made sure I kept out of the photographer's way and, as one of the ushers, I was on hand to get people as required for the official photos. In the church particularly, he was behind me and I made sure he wasn't taking a shot when I poked into the aisle to take mine!

I actually had very little interest in getting the shots that I knew he had in the bag, which is why my lot are a bit more quirky!
A D800 - How did you get that?  :'(

Cracking series of shots and the jumping was a wonderful idea.  :tup:

Thank you! the D800 is a long story but I was lucky enough to be in New York the weekend it was released and pre ordered it the day it was announced.

It's a great camera capable of some great detail, here is an example of a photo I took in New York from the empire state in full size.

I am enjoying the D800, I like having the video and it's fun having the huge resolution, but there is a pay off. At 100% the D700 (my last camera) raw files are fantastic, you can push the exposure, shadow detail, sharpening, saturation and at 100% the images remain clean. On the D800 I have noticed most adjustments do introduce some noise at 100%, something that I had noticed on my micro 4/3rds Panasonic GF-1.

I could of course, down sample the images to 12Meg and they would be clean as a whistle, but that not the point of having 36Meg monster.

Don't get me wrong, I would not go back to the D700, the auto ISO for different focal length lenses I would miss too much for one thing, but there is definitely a price to pay for that pixel density.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 06:03:05 PM by ShawWellPete »

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 07:28:04 PM »
What an excellent set - great memories as well as super photography.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 08:01:53 PM »

Thank you! the D800 is a long story but I was lucky enough to be in New York the weekend it was released and pre ordered it the day it was announced.

It's a great camera capable of some great detail, here is an example of a photo I took in New York from the empire state in full size.

I am enjoying the D800, I like having the video and it's fun having the huge resolution, but there is a pay off. At 100% the D700 (my last camera) raw files are fantastic, you can push the exposure, shadow detail, sharpening, saturation and at 100% the images remain clean. On the D800 I have noticed most adjustments do introduce some noise at 100%, something that I had noticed on my micro 4/3rds Panasonic GF-1.

I could of course, down sample the images to 12Meg and they would be clean as a whistle, but that not the point of having 36Meg monster.

Don't get me wrong, I would not go back to the D700, the auto ISO for different focal length lenses I would miss too much for one thing, but there is definitely a price to pay for that pixel density.

Checking out DxO labs, who have rated the D800 as the most optically perfect camera ever made, which just beat the Nikon D4 and a medium format camera.   :o

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 09:10:41 AM »
Jolly nice :)

How come you don't get to shoot in rooms with crappy ceilings and down lighters...?

Checking out DxO labs, who have rated the D800 as the most optically perfect camera ever made, which just beat the Nikon D4 and a medium format camera.   :o

Sigh....

Don't get me started on what's wrong with their testing (or rather the way people are interpreting it).
It's Guest's round

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for weekly comp 17-24/05/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 89/2 Hinfrance Last post May 24, 2020, 02:06:38 PM
xx MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES for weekly comp 17-24th May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 78/2 Hinfrance Last post May 24, 2020, 02:05:47 PM
xx Photoshop subscription General Discussion 554/21 Hinfrance Last post May 24, 2020, 08:20:21 AM
xx POLL-FLORA MONOCHROME International Weekly Comp Entries 217/2 Beaux Reflets Last post May 23, 2020, 06:37:39 PM
xx Poll for GLASS International Weekly Comp Entries 196/5 Jediboy Last post May 23, 2020, 05:08:21 PM
xx GLASS - ENTRY thread - theme for comp 10-17th May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 181/3 Jediboy Last post May 18, 2020, 12:14:30 PM
xx CHAT-FLORA MONOCHROME-Weekly Comp 3-10/5/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 412/10 Jediboy Last post May 14, 2020, 02:49:44 PM
xx ENTRIES-FLORA MONOCHROME-Weekly Comp 3-10/5/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 289/5 Oldboy Last post May 11, 2020, 12:34:48 PM