SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...Poll - Stuck at HomeWhat annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...Joke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...LIQUID - Entry thread - w...Tool Time PollPhoto show at the Nec - p...Uploading

Author Topic: Time lapse shots of the Northern Lights  (Read 785 times)

Offline jinky

Time lapse shots of the Northern Lights
« on: March 24, 2012, 07:32:27 AM »
Would love to go and have a go at doing something like this when I finally see the Northern Lights
http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/news/environment-news/norway-aurora-borealis-vin/?source=link_twphotos20120322norlights

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Four bodies and some lenses. :)
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
Re: Time lapse shots of the Northern Lights
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 09:33:30 PM »
Fasinating Jinky, I too want to see the lights before I pop off.

Funnily enough I'm doing some timelapse stuff at work with our new office rebuild. LR4 makes quick work of making the video (Slideshow) files.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 06:13:06 AM »

Funnily enough I'm doing some timelapse stuff at work with our new office rebuild. LR4 makes quick work of making the video (Slideshow) files.

Sorry jinky, can't see the video - I'm getting 'flash player upgrade required' even though I have the latest version. Happens sometimes.

As for the slideshow in LR4, I shall have to try that. LR3's slideshow was like watching frozen treacle trying to flow uphill.

And I see from the Adobe forums that the failure to import my LR3 catalogue without locking up/and random errors is a major bug in LR4 they have yet to fix. I'll wait ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline jinky

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 08:31:58 AM »
H - that happened to me first time and I pressed the upgrade button and it started playing straight away. Odd as I knew I had the most up to date player too but it worked  anyway.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp CHAT thread International Weekly Comp Entries 310/13 Hinfrance Last post Today at 09:12:04 AM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp ENTRY thread International Weekly Comp Entries 114/5 Hinfrance Last post Today at 09:08:37 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 18/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:22:41 PM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:21:27 PM
xx Poll - Stuck at Home International Weekly Comp Entries 184/3 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:16:30 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 590471/3915 Jediboy Last post March 28, 2020, 02:04:26 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 569651/3891 Oldboy Last post March 27, 2020, 03:45:19 PM
xx Joke of the day General Discussion 95036/351 Jediboy Last post March 24, 2020, 04:14:01 PM