Horizons PollCanon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: Week Comp CHAT 27 Feb to 4 March 2012 Subject: There's No Smoke Without Fire  (Read 3162 times)

Offline Markulous

CHAT Thread
Subject: There's No Smoke Without Fire

Your photo is your interpretation of the above subject. So it could be a fire, some smoke or something that implies either or both of those - totally up to you!

No restrictions on PP

1 Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 27 February 2012 to 23:59 Sunday 4 March 2012
2 Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 5 March 2012
3 Poll will be up Tuesday 6 March 2012
4 Winner to be announced Saturday 10 March 2012

The Rules for the weekly competition
   By entering you agree to take responsibility to:
      Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
      Create an entries thread
      Create a chat thread
      Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday

(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Glad about the no pp restrictions bit - certainly one to get the grey matter working.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
My wife's currently trying to give up smoking. She's "smoking" some kind of plastic imitation cigarette which doesn't require lighting.......
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
My wife's currently trying to give up smoking. She's "smoking" some kind of plastic imitation cigarette which doesn't require lighting.......

That'll save on matches, but does it smoke?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
No entry from me this week. Been too busy with all sorts of things (including photography) to even think about smoke and/or fires, and of course we did not have a bonfire at my (voluntary) 'workplace' this week!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline michaelb104

• michaelb104
A quick one from me this weekend, I wanted to get outside and try burning some green leaves to make some real smoke but with all the rain, sleet and bits on snow today it was a good day to stay inside!!

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
Physically struggling this week with the flu, but in with a quick rough. A souvenir shot (a real blast from the past  :o while visiting a friend my seat certainly shook before the mug of tea wet my knee) that I will retake when the damn head cold has gone and there is more time available to set and light the scene.

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Markulous

HaHa! You'll think I copied you but didn't see the entries beforehand - and haven't time to re-think and re-shoot!
(BTW, in case anyone's concerned: it's been fired and inserted into a fired case)
Whatever and ever. Amen
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline Delamanda

Any similarity between my entry and any others of those from today's meet is purely and utterly coincidental ...

Offline Markulous

I must be terminally stupid but setting up the poll with entries placed into the Options (1, 2, 3, etc) and all it'll give me is an error that The message body was left empty.

Well, I know it's empty as I don't want anything beyond the entries! Suggestions?
Whatever and ever. Amen
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
Glad your bullet and case is not live Markulous; my shot shows the danger when they are, and inadvertantly fall from the mantle into the fire!

Luckily the bullet got buried in the fabric below my bum and not into my tackle (although I certainly felt the shockwave through my jeans and was glad I was not sitting cross legged on the sofa when the gas fire cover flew off and the bullet ricoshaded across the room).

No idea re the poll, but sure someone can assist.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Oldboy

I must be terminally stupid but setting up the poll with entries placed into the Options (1, 2, 3, etc) and all it'll give me is an error that The message body was left empty.

Well, I know it's empty as I don't want anything beyond the entries! Suggestions?

The Message body is where you place the message like, this poll is now open etc., it's not the option boxes.  :doh:

Offline Markulous

Glad your bullet and case is not live Markulous; my shot shows the danger when they are, and inadvertantly fall from the mantle into the fire!

Luckily the bullet got buried in the fabric below my bum and not into my tackle (although I certainly felt the shockwave through my jeans and was glad I was not sitting cross legged on the sofa when the gas fire cover flew off and the bullet ricoshaded across the room).

Flippin' heck! I was wondering why the casing was all distorted like that! You were lucky!

The Message body is where you place the message like, this poll is now open etc., it's not the option boxes.  :doh:

Thanks, OB. Do the entries go in the Options then?
Whatever and ever. Amen
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline Oldboy

Thanks, OB. Do the entries go in the Options then?

Yes.  :tup:

Offline Markulous

Ah, right! Cheers! Seems to work!
Whatever and ever. Amen
Mark @ Photobucket

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 18/0 jinky Last post Today at 10:13:43 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 58/2 Hinfrance Last post Today at 08:05:53 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 210/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 635215/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 42/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 28/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 180/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 218/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM