POLL for STREETSTREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: Unexpected Xmas pressie  (Read 1668 times)

Offline loveclose

• CC Regular visitor
Unexpected Xmas pressie
« on: December 11, 2008, 09:07:10 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hi to all - sorry it's taken so long, but been a tad busy........

Here's one for you.

Bought from an online store some consumables for my Hi Ti Printer - one box of 60 6x4's and one box of 30 7x5's.  Well, after a while, this package arrives - the 60 6x4's and a rather nice looking tripod that's worth about 85 squid.  Unfortunately, the tripod didn't fit my printer, so I phoned the company to say that they'd got their order mixed up.  I actually had the invoice for the tripod that was supposed to go elsewhere, so I know they fouled up.

Nobody answered the phone.  I e-mailed, and eventually got a reply.  Cutting a long story short, I have had three or four e-mail exchanges which resulted in my original box of 7x5's being delivered.  I've tried to nail them down to arrange for the tripod to be picked up, but again, the phone is always an answerphone, never been able to speak to them, and the e-mails that come back simply say something along the lines of 'let us know when convenient'.  I mail them back saying that I'm not waiting in 24/7 7 days a week, please could you phone me so we can liase.

Not a light.  To date, I still have this tripod still wrapped up in its box unused and waiting for a home.  Trouble is, nobody wants to collect it.  I can only imagine the original purchaser has had another one delivered.

Now a tripod is for life, not just for Xmas.  But what else should I do over this - at the moment I'm thinking that if they still don't contact me, it's staying here!!!!  I'm not paying postage to mail it back.  Being the honest fella I am, I don't feel 100% comfortable with it being here when it's not supposed to be mine, and I haven't paid for it.

Any comments or suggestions?? Even one's like 'keep it you silly *******' would be helpful!!!!!!

Seasons' Greetings to all, by the way!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

The meek shall inherit the earth - if that's ok with everyone else.....

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
Re: Unexpected Xmas pressie
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 09:17:45 PM »
Hi Peter.

I would if possible write them a letter, explain the situation then ask them to reply within 7 days, or you'll keep it.  :D

Is it Christmas already?  :beer: better get me skates on, haven't bought anything yet.  :-[
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline Alfonso_Frisk

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007/
    • My Shipping images
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 09:45:30 PM »
'keep it you silly *******'
or
sell it via here ;D :idea:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Offline loveclose

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 11:24:32 PM »
Thanks for those fellas! ;)

Offline vxisme

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 11:56:34 PM »
I seem to remember something about 6 months deadline then it belong to the person its delivered to, this was the case with a bookclub i was in,  they never tried to uplift the wrong items sent to me, so eventually owned them.
Donny  My Gallery

Offline alan1572

• I'll do it tomorrow
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 09:40:26 PM »
I seem to remember something about 6 months deadline then it belong to the person its delivered to, this was the case with a bookclub i was in,  they never tried to uplift the wrong items sent to me, so eventually owned them.

i don't think it's as long as 6 month's
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Offline vxisme

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 09:57:04 PM »
Yes , could be less, it was a long time ago, worth checking up on id say.
Donny  My Gallery

Offline loveclose

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 06:00:06 PM »
That's interesting.......

Will do a little research as they say.

Cheers again!! :tup: :tup: :tup:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 47/0 Hinfrance Last post August 11, 2020, 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 124/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 175/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 225/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 64/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 22/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 271/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 268/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM