POLL for STREETSTREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: Kodak filed for Bankruptcy  (Read 999 times)

Offline Geoff I

• CC Regular visitor
Kodak filed for Bankruptcy
« on: January 19, 2012, 10:10:06 AM »
This is a big shame never ever thought this giant would go bankrupt, I have worked in 3 Kodak factories and I am just gutted, shame they did not go digital earlier maybe if they did they would not have been in this mess.

Sad days.

Offline jinky

Re: Kodak filed for Bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 10:17:38 AM »
It`s a sad old world as we see one business after another go belly up! Shame. :(

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:26:46 AM »
Kodak invented digital photography.

I haven't seen the story yet, but I assume they have filed for Chapter 11, in which case they'll be back.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 10:53:23 AM »
Kodak invented digital photography.

I haven't seen the story yet, but I assume they have filed for Chapter 11, in which case they'll be back.

I feel sure the name will stay. Giving up so to speak on their cameras and heading into the printer market area was probably the wrong way to go from a marketing point of view. In my opinion, if they had gone down the bridge camera road in more depth earlier in the day, they may have held a market edge (given that there is certainly room for further innovative development in that area).
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Markulous

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 11:58:39 AM »
I gather they didn't invent Digital but invented the handheld Digital camera. In retrospect, they came to the digital market late and latterly have come up with low cost cameras which've had major competition from mobiles - and never capitalised on printer inks. But what with suing all and sundry and all the copyrights they own, they would seem to have a future and it's unlikely they'll disappear altogether. But sad, nonethless!
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 12:37:30 PM »
Interestingly the fact that they didn't develop digital cameras was down to not wanting to cannibalise their film business. If I had a penny for every time I have heard a product manager tell me that they didn't want to push a new product because it would damage margins on their existing sales I'd have a couple of pounds by now ::) And they always have to change in the end - it's just for Kodak the wake up call came too late.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 05:53:59 PM »

Correct.  :'(

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 47/0 Hinfrance Last post August 11, 2020, 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 124/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 175/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 225/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 64/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 22/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 272/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 268/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM