POLL - Home and GardenHOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...

Author Topic: LR 4 Beta Available  (Read 1209 times)

picsfor

LR 4 Beta Available
« on: January 10, 2012, 02:57:43 PM »
http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom4/

The above beta 1 is now out for testing, for those brave enough or interested enough.

picsfor

Re: LR 4 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »
Downloaded it, and given it a quick go.
Has some interesting features in, as well as some improved features, though still no option of a square or rectangular brush tool like you can get in Photoshop.

For Alan, you can compose your Blurb books directly from LR4 and upload them straight to publish.
For those who want geo tagging, it has been included in a different way to iPhoto's and Aperture - but it suits me.
File import was definitely quicker.
The brush tool now incorporates moire and noise - which for the B&W editing is a bit of a bonus.
The Edit/ undo feature now allows you to undo every thing - under LR3 it would only go as far back as a previous export...
That's just for starters. I've imported one shoot and played with one picture - but i've got to be careful because i could get carried away.

Reason being - i found it to be a lot more leaner on system use - my iMac can occasionally huff and puff a bit with LR3, but every thing seems to work smoother here.

So, on the above basis - i'm definitely a contender for upgrading. New iMac, or upgrade to LR4 - think i know which is cheaper  :tup:

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 11:16:29 PM »
So, on the above basis - i'm definitely a contender for upgrading. New iMac, or upgrade to LR4 - think i know which is cheaper  :tup:

Yes, a new Windows PC.  :P

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 07:53:25 AM »
Reason being - i found it to be a lot more leaner on system use - my iMac can occasionally huff and puff a bit with LR3, but every thing seems to work smoother here.

Interesting.  Adobe betas are generally slow (possibly they leave debug code in) and some people are reporting LR4 sluggish.  On that basis it should fly.

Too busy to look at the beta - IIRC different versions of LR don't play nicely on the same machine and I can't swap my production version to a beta ATM.  But I won't even think about whether to upgrade or not.  When it's quiet I'll just pay the Adobe tax.  Even if they haven't fixed any of the preview bugs...
It's Guest's round

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 06:26:21 PM »
If anybody is considering buying Lightroom 3 then it's now half price in the Adobe store. http://mail.adobe-direct.com/v?xnvHHcWEJJnWHlcJ
 ;D

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Home and Garden International Weekly Comp Entries 62/0 Jediboy Last post April 07, 2020, 11:06:27 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 176/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:46:19 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 165/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:45:17 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 104/4 Jediboy Last post April 06, 2020, 04:14:53 PM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 222/5 Jediboy Last post April 05, 2020, 11:46:39 PM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 66/0 jinky Last post April 05, 2020, 10:28:18 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 593967/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571532/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM