STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for STREETSTREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: Cannot wait for Christmas Day,  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Geoff I

• CC Regular visitor
Cannot wait for Christmas Day,
« on: December 23, 2011, 01:04:48 AM »
I am getting a host of goodies for my camera on Christmas day, and the Tamron SP 70-300mm f4-5.6 Di VC USD  is the lens I cannot wait for I just hope I can get some great shots with it, are you folks getting any Camera equipment at Christmas if so what are you getting?

I have already sold my Nikon 55-200mm VR lens on ebay so my camera bag feels very empty at the moment, come on Christmas day.

Yes folks I am still a big kid at 59 years old  8)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: Cannot wait for Christmas Day,
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 08:08:40 AM »
Nothing for me this year. Had a huge bill for dental work, nothing left in the pot  :'(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 09:34:33 AM »
Nothing for me this year. Had a huge bill for dental work, nothing left in the pot  :'(

I know that feeling so well :'(  on the bright side I may just get a new exercise mat.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline greypoint

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 11:02:57 AM »
Unlikely to get anything photo related as a present and don't have any money having had large vet bills and bought a new puppy......might do a bit of on line window shopping though in case there are any bargains around  :D

picsfor

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 11:06:10 AM »
I pretty much had all my Christmas's for the next few years in August & September.

Following redundancy, i was allowed to use some of the money to get a second Canon 5D2, the Canon 70-300 L Zoom, and a replacement car (the old Vectra was 11 years old) and new camera trolley/ rucksack to carry the kit around in. Oh, and i got to go to Las Vegas for 2 weeks. A most surreal experience, even if i did miss out on the Canyon helicopter ride.

At best, i will get some iTunes vouchers, but as an Apple user, you can never have too many iTunes vouchers...
But i don't wish to sound as though i'm complaining. I've got considerably more than a lot of people will get - and i'm pretty ok with how things are (just need to find a wage pack from some where :tup:  )

« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 11:07:57 AM by picsfor »

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 11:10:44 AM »
I'm not complaining either - now I can eat the Christmas dinner :)

I'm hoping for a few more books and a box of chocolates. I love books and quite like chocolates.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline spinner

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 12:34:47 PM »

At best, i will get some iTunes vouchers, but as an Apple user, you can never have too many iTunes vouchers...

Is my sarcasm detector working right? It's chingling a bit.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Offline spinner

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 12:37:18 PM »
I don't know if you classify it as Camera equipment or not. I'm getting a new Epson V600 flatbed scanner. Found my bins of old photos while tidying up for Christmas visitors, so I'll be busy after new years.  :D
Ol' blue eyes

picsfor

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 12:47:14 PM »
If your V600 turns prints into digital images like your camera produces - it is most definitely camera kit  :tup:

Enjoy yourself digitizing and 'repairing' all those old images. It is the one thing about turn old prints into digital images - you can put right some of the old issues such as scratches, red eye or blemishes that were considered unsightly, but acceptable, at the time...

I've got an Epson 4490 that is about 2 years old, and it hasn't even scratched the surface of the images I've got to work on.

Regarding iTunes voucher, no sarcasm intended. With the Apple store, you can buy software, Apps, Video, Music, Books and so on.
By Apple user i mean our house has 1 iMac, 1 MBP, 2 iPads and 2 iPhones. More than enough room for large volumes of iTunes vouchers...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 12:49:38 PM by picsfor »

Offline jinky

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 12:54:14 PM »
I`ve decided to abandon thoughts of a bridge, man up and carry my 2nd tier ,lighter back up lenses with me on trips to enable me to get  maybe a Samsung Galaxy tab in the New year. Apple been tryi ng so hard to stop them selling it and such good reviews it must be good and I`ve played with it loads.
Re: christmas pressie most of mine are limited to 7 day shop giftsfrom my daughters ordered through links supplied by me for card holders, a flash diffuser and afew bits and pieces. My wife and I settled for a ticket to see Sting at the Sage in Newcastle in the New Year - no great urge to see Sting himself but been waiting forever for someone decent to be at the Sage at a time we could go so looking forward to that. I find I want less and less for Christmas each year and prefer getting things for others and seeing their faces - what`s happening to me :o

skellum

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 01:00:49 PM »
I don't know if you classify it as Camera equipment or not. I'm getting a new Epson V600 flatbed scanner. Found my bins of old photos while tidying up for Christmas visitors, so I'll be busy after new years.  :D

My Epson V500 scaner has been a God send for me as it has brought loads of custom my way for repairs, enlargement & printing.. :tup:

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 01:11:59 PM »
I find I want less and less for Christmas each year and prefer getting things for others and seeing their faces - what`s happening to me :o

You are turning into Santa. Just need to grow a white beard and longer hair.  :P

Offline spinner

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 01:42:16 PM »

My Epson V500 scaner has been a God send for me as it has brought loads of custom my way for repairs, enlargement & printing.. :tup:

It's good to hear they stand up to commercial work. I have to say I was most impressed with Epson. I ordered it online direct expecting that due to the Christmas peak shipping, I'd see it sometime in the new year. It was at my door in 2 days. So I gave it to the missus to give to me Christmas.  :)
Ol' blue eyes

Offline spinner

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 01:46:42 PM »
If your V600 turns prints into digital images like your camera produces - it is most definitely camera kit  :tup:

Enjoy yourself digitizing and 'repairing' all those old images. It is the one thing about turn old prints into digital images - you can put right some of the old issues such as scratches, red eye or blemishes that were considered unsightly, but acceptable, at the time...

I've got an Epson 4490 that is about 2 years old, and it hasn't even scratched the surface of the images I've got to work on.

Regarding iTunes voucher, no sarcasm intended. With the Apple store, you can buy software, Apps, Video, Music, Books and so on.
By Apple user i mean our house has 1 iMac, 1 MBP, 2 iPads and 2 iPhones. More than enough room for large volumes of iTunes vouchers...

Ah, shows my limited imagination, I was thinking strictly of music. If I'd been more imaginative I too could have asked for iTunes vouchers having similar arrangement, 1 iMac, 1 iPad and 1 iPhone.

That's the problem with old photo scanning starts out as fun, then turns into work.  :'(
Ol' blue eyes

Offline irv_b

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 05:43:05 PM »
The only photo related thing I'm getting is a sun-sniper camera strap ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002VEDQMC ). It's to save me carrying around a rucksack filled with stuff I never get out and use, I know it's pricey for a strap but hopefully, going out with only one or two lenses will make me more focused in what I want to achieve.
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 176/5 Jediboy Last post Today at 11:55:14 AM
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 64/0 Hinfrance Last post August 11, 2020, 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 186/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 233/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 74/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 27/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 290/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 271/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM