STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollRFELCTIONS - Chat Thread...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice house

Author Topic: Baby Passport Photo  (Read 1164 times)

Offline stevebedder

• My Flickr Gallery
Baby Passport Photo
« on: October 17, 2011, 08:59:36 AM »
Morning All,

I've been asked by a neighbour if I can get a shot of her 7 week old baby for a passport.

I want to make sure it's technically correct for the passport people so know it's got to be on a plain white background and straight on. But is there anything else I need to be aware of? Anyone had any issues taking & submitting passport photos?

Cheers

Steve

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
Re: Baby Passport Photo
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 09:49:33 AM »
Morning Steve,
The last one I did was for a similar aged babe. We used a pale / light blue ground sheet spread out in the shade beneath the nut tree. Natural light on a bright day and no flash. I took a dozen shots in between usual funny baby looks and then let the mum choose the one to print out to size. No problems  :tup:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 09:54:39 AM by beauxreflets »
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 11:00:52 AM »
Steve, you cannot have a plain white background (but as white turns grey if it is not illuminated to the same intensity as the subject you can usually get away with a white backdrop).

You can get an explanatory leaflet from the Post Office - although rather hilariously one of their examples of 'OK' doesn't actually meet their written requirements - I'll leave you to work out which one it is . . .

The hard part with babies is keeping them still enough. Good luck ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:05:37 AM by Hinfrance »
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline stevebedder

• My Flickr Gallery
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 11:04:25 AM »
Thanks both, thats really ueful information  :tup:

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 11:06:35 AM »
Steve, I've edited my reply while you were typing yours . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 11:43:21 AM »
Don't want to discourage you, but I've heard horror stories about passport photographs. If you go through the post office, it also seems to depend on the person behind the counter accepting (or not) the particular image.
It has to be spot on and then some!
I'm talking adult (passport) photos now. Don't know too much about baby photos.

For my (Dutch) passport I also need one of those 'wanted' style pictures. Absolutely horrible! In my case it's the consul who decides which photo he accepts or refuses. Last time, he was doubtful whether or not it met the standards, and he wanted me to have another one taken.
I pointed out, I had it taken by a proper photographer in the Netherlands who guaranteed they met the standards. He relented and thank goodness the embassy in London made no problems. Wouldn't have liked to have to go back and admit defeat!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 01:56:50 PM »
You're right Re, they are very fussy, but it's not too difficult to get right - I have renewed all of our passports in the last twelve months. I took all the photo's myself.

Just make the baby take of its glasses and play some Andrew Lloyd Webber music so it looks good and grumpy  :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 04:10:25 PM »
At least the baby is young enough not to show teeth!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

skellum

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 05:07:43 PM »
Here is a link to all the requirements  www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Passports

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 101/2 Oldboy Last post August 09, 2020, 05:58:50 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 189/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx RFELCTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 38/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 9/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 61/1 jinky Last post August 09, 2020, 07:40:00 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 234/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 254/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636705/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM