Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons PollHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: Adobe working on a deblurring tool  (Read 2421 times)

Offline stevebedder

• My Flickr Gallery
Adobe working on a deblurring tool
« on: October 11, 2011, 09:39:06 AM »
Adobe showed this new deblurring tool that they are working on at the Adobe MAX 2011 event in LA recently.....

http://www.petapixel.com/2011/10/10/sneak-peek-at-the-crazy-image-deblurring-feature-coming-to-photoshop/

The videos not the best but going by the reaction of the audience it looks like it could be a useful tool.

:D

Offline Simple

Re: Adobe working on a deblurring tool
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 11:22:10 AM »
Looks amazing.  :tup: I can imagine that when it comes out in a future PS we will see loads of pictures with altered DOF.

Offline Sandy

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 12:13:42 PM »
Thanks for the link it looked great.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 12:59:16 PM »
Looks amazing.  :tup: I can imagine that when it comes out in a future PS we will see loads of pictures with altered DOF.

Not from me - unless they make Photoshop affordable  :'(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 02:54:24 PM »
Yeah, I've been to demos like that.......let's see an independent review ;)
It's Guest's round

Offline spinner

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 01:03:24 PM »
I just knew if I kept my collection of horribly blurry shots, eventually someone would come up with a solution! :2funny:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 04:39:04 PM »
I just knew if I kept my collection of horribly blurry shots, eventually someone would come up with a solution! :2funny:

Yes, it's called the recycle bin!  :2funny:

Offline Markulous

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 06:33:09 PM »
Hollywood's been using this tool for decades!  ;)

And there's quite a few image tools that feature contrast enhancing de-blurring - not particularly effective and rubbish in areas of low contrast subtle detail (unsurprisingly!). But I'm sure there'll be plenty of takers for a "one click DOF correction tool" however poorly it works!  ::)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline spinner

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 12:34:42 PM »

Yes, it's called the recycle bin!  :2funny:

I prefer to think of them as Diamonds in the Rough awaiting the proper Polish.  :legit:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 01:24:48 PM »
Hollywood's been using this tool for decades!  ;)

And there's quite a few image tools that feature contrast enhancing de-blurring - not particularly effective and rubbish in areas of low contrast subtle detail (unsurprisingly!). But I'm sure there'll be plenty of takers for a "one click DOF correction tool" however poorly it works!  ::)

I didn't bother to watch the video because I can't afford Photoshop. People are now talking about altering depth of field; Photoplus has had a depth of field tool since at least version X3.

Works well, but it's very slow.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 05:13:25 PM »
Basically it analyses the picture and uses some heavy maths to figure out what direction and by how much you shook the camera.  Then it undoes that.

Would be far easier (and more accurate) to put an accelerometer in the camera and stamp the info into the exif.  Or use the one in the VR system.  Hang on, anybody know a patent lawyer....?
It's Guest's round

Offline Graham

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 06:03:46 PM »
Basically it analyses the picture and uses some heavy maths to figure out what direction and by how much you shook the camera.  Then it undoes that.

Would be far easier (and more accurate) to put an accelerometer in the camera and stamp the info into the exif.  Or use the one in the VR system.  Hang on, anybody know a patent lawyer....?

Or buy a tripod...Or lay of the sauce!
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 204/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 75/0 jinky Last post August 04, 2020, 10:13:43 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 233/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636056/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 56/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 195/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 235/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM