FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...LIQUID - Entry thread - w...

Author Topic: Arcade from the Southport Scott Kelby World Wide Photo Walk 4  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
Arcade from the Southport Scott Kelby World Wide Photo Walk 4
« on: October 03, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »
Hi

I went on the Scott Kelby World Wide Photo Walk 4 held in Southport on Saturday, 27 photographers took part in the walk heres a shot of an Arcade, C+C Welcome  :tup:

Arcade-Southport-Scott-Kelby-World-Wide-Photo-Walk-4 by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Dave
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:50:06 PM by Just Dave »

Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Offline Oldboy

Re: Arcade from the Southport Scott Kelby World Wide Photo Walk 4
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 10:09:44 PM »
Cracking shot and details. Think you shot have straighten that palm tree before hand! ;D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 10:11:58 PM by Oldboy »

Offline Paul Montgomery

• My photography website
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 10:20:05 AM »
I used to live in Southport many, many years ago - that brings back some memories.
Nice one ...

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 06:58:28 AM »
Thanks OB  :2funny: I'll straighten it next time  ;)

Thanks Paul
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 07:54:11 AM »
If you're gonna HDR it.....you could even up the left and right sides ;)

Nice shot - might be worth dropping the sat on the people too.
It's Guest's round

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 10:03:29 AM »
Thanks Jonathan, I'll give it a go  :tup:

Offline Beryl

• Woldlife & Poetry
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 06:51:43 PM »
Nice capture. Well done :)
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Offline Graham

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 12:00:33 AM »
 Yes nice shot. But where's that one you sent me a link to? I preffer that one.     
                       Graham. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 07:05:13 AM »
Thanks Graham and Beryl  :tup:

picsfor

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 08:19:11 PM »
Nice shot Dave, used to be my walk route to Lord St from the lake parking area.

I think HDR is really the only to show this amazing arcade off at its best.

Catching the tree illuminations in Lord Street is also worthy of some tripod activity, as is the band stand if it is being used, with all the deckchairs and hanky brigade.

Lumi's are running, might afford myself a few nights to come and update my stock of the Liverpool, Sou'ie & Blackpool.

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2011, 02:08:20 PM »
Thanks Andrew  :)

Yeah fancy doing some lumis again this year :)

picsfor

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 04:35:56 PM »
Lumi's minus the missus   :tup:

I'm finding non togs to be a serious hindrance to my activity, as they stand there tapping their feet and looking all impatient. Vegas would have been another 2000+ pictures if i'd been alone or with other togs!

There is more to Blackpool sea front than just lights, as there is more to Southport than just Lord Street. It has a great cemetery as well...
And the countries smallest pub (though i think they claim it to be the worlds smallest pub if memory serves)

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 10:50:09 AM »
Yeah Andrew, Southport has many places of interest, dont for get the Botanic gardens and the other parks

picsfor

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 11:51:28 AM »
yes, the Kew Botanic Gardens (Southport) was just round the corner from where i lived.

Enjoyed going there when it was a nice day. Must pop back there minus missus as well to enjoy some proper tog stuff, thoguh the daughters would probably wan to tag along as well  :-X

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 12:46:33 PM »
yes, the Kew Botanic Gardens (Southport) was just round the corner from where i lived.

Enjoyed going there when it was a nice day. Must pop back there minus missus as well to enjoy some proper tog stuff, thoguh the daughters would probably wan to tag along as well  :-X

We always call in there when were passing, which we do quite often  :tup:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 21/0 jinky Last post Today at 10:28:18 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 22/0 jinky Last post Today at 10:26:56 AM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 139/1 jinky Last post Today at 10:16:00 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 592873/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571053/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp CHAT thread International Weekly Comp Entries 391/13 Hinfrance Last post March 30, 2020, 09:12:04 AM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp ENTRY thread International Weekly Comp Entries 177/5 Hinfrance Last post March 30, 2020, 09:08:37 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:22:41 PM