End of an EraPoll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitOutdoors - ENTRY thread -...POLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - PortraitsPortraits - CHAT - Weekly...Portraits - ENTRIES-Weekl...POLL-BIRDS

Author Topic: Monitor Hood  (Read 4191 times)

skellum

Monitor Hood
« on: September 22, 2011, 12:55:04 PM »
Had to move my desk to the front of the shop as we are having some work done to one of the walls in my office ( Damp ). Problem is glare on my monitor from the shop window so not wanting to spend a fortune on a monitor hood I made my own out of cardboard. It works very well so I may make a proper one out of plywood and spray paint it black. I think I deserve a Blue Peter Badge for this.. ;D

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
Re: Monitor Hood
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 02:11:28 PM »
Had to move my desk to the front of the shop as we are having some work done to one of the walls in my office ( Damp ). Problem is glare on my monitor from the shop window so not wanting to spend a fortune on a monitor hood I made my own out of cardboard. It works very well so I may make a proper one out of plywood and spray paint it black. I think I deserve a Blue Peter Badge for this.. ;D

I would round the corners a bit - just in case you stab your eye; determining whether a dirt spot, is dust on the lens or a fly cake on the screen  :2funny: Looks very good Dave, hope you took out a patent before going public  :D

:beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:49:47 PM »

I would round the corners a bit - just in case you stab your eye; determining whether a dirt spot, is dust on the lens or a fly cake on the screen  :2funny: Looks very good Dave, hope you took out a patent before going public  :D

:beer:

Nice bit of DIY Dave.

I'm afraid that Apple already have the prior art on rounded corners, so you can't use them without paying a fee to Cupertino. Just ask Samsung  >:(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 07:59:29 AM »
Yeah, they call them eye-Corners.

FWIW if you put some of that sticky velcro on your monitor bezel you can put this on and off whenever you want.

For extra credit you could line the inside with black velvet :)
It's Guest's round

skellum

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 09:25:27 AM »
Yeah, they call them eye-Corners.

FWIW if you put some of that sticky velcro on your monitor bezel you can put this on and off whenever you want.

For extra credit you could line the inside with black velvet :)

Steady on Jonathan there is a recession on you know.. ;D

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
sad End of an Era General Discussion 3/0 anglefire Last post Today at 05:39:39 PM
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 151/4 Oldboy Last post Today at 05:38:07 PM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 203/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 130/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM
xx DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 134/3 Oldboy Last post September 21, 2020, 11:51:45 PM
xx POLL - Fruit International Weekly Comp Entries 213/4 jinky Last post September 21, 2020, 08:58:04 AM
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 48/0 Jediboy Last post September 20, 2020, 12:03:53 PM
xx POLL - Vehicles International Weekly Comp Entries 346/6 Jediboy Last post September 15, 2020, 09:01:03 AM