• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,515
  • Total Topics: 5,735
  • Online today: 87
  • Online ever: 6,071 (March 12, 2026, 03:28:52 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
  • Google (3)
bhphotovideo
What made you feel good t...Weekly CompetitionsCanon kit to borrow (free...Dreaminess Happy Christmas 2025!NiceVeedi 2-Pack Photogra...DJI Osmo Action 6 Essenti...RØDE Wireless ME Ultra-co...NEEWER Snap On ND Filter ...BRDRC Pocket 3 Camera Bik...Lenovo LOQ | 15.6 inch Fu...DJI Mic 3 (2 TX + 1 RX + ...DJI Mic Mini (2 TX + 1 RX...DJI OSMO Action 5 Pro 4 3...DJI Osmo Action 5 Pro Adv...Post your best shots here

Monitor Hood

Started by skellum, September 22, 2011, 12:55:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skellum

Had to move my desk to the front of the shop as we are having some work done to one of the walls in my office ( Damp ). Problem is glare on my monitor from the shop window so not wanting to spend a fortune on a monitor hood I made my own out of cardboard. It works very well so I may make a proper one out of plywood and spray paint it black. I think I deserve a Blue Peter Badge for this.. ;D

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Dave on September 22, 2011, 12:55:04 PM
Had to move my desk to the front of the shop as we are having some work done to one of the walls in my office ( Damp ). Problem is glare on my monitor from the shop window so not wanting to spend a fortune on a monitor hood I made my own out of cardboard. It works very well so I may make a proper one out of plywood and spray paint it black. I think I deserve a Blue Peter Badge for this.. ;D

I would round the corners a bit - just in case you stab your eye; determining whether a dirt spot, is dust on the lens or a fly cake on the screen  :2funny: Looks very good Dave, hope you took out a patent before going public  :D

:beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Hinfrance

Quote from: beauxreflets on September 22, 2011, 02:11:28 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 22, 2011, 12:55:04 PM
Had to move my desk to the front of the shop as we are having some work done to one of the walls in my office ( Damp ). Problem is glare on my monitor from the shop window so not wanting to spend a fortune on a monitor hood I made my own out of cardboard. It works very well so I may make a proper one out of plywood and spray paint it black. I think I deserve a Blue Peter Badge for this.. ;D

I would round the corners a bit - just in case you stab your eye; determining whether a dirt spot, is dust on the lens or a fly cake on the screen  :2funny: Looks very good Dave, hope you took out a patent before going public  :D

:beer:

Nice bit of DIY Dave.

I'm afraid that Apple already have the prior art on rounded corners, so you can't use them without paying a fee to Cupertino. Just ask Samsung  >:(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jonathan

Yeah, they call them eye-Corners.

FWIW if you put some of that sticky velcro on your monitor bezel you can put this on and off whenever you want.

For extra credit you could line the inside with black velvet :)
It's Guest's round

skellum

Quote from: Jonathan on September 23, 2011, 07:59:29 AM
Yeah, they call them eye-Corners.

FWIW if you put some of that sticky velcro on your monitor bezel you can put this on and off whenever you want.

For extra credit you could line the inside with black velvet :)


Steady on Jonathan there is a recession on you know.. ;D

This website is proudly hosted on Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting.


Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.