Horizons PollCanon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Poll

vote for your favourite

Delamanda - Royal Wedding Memories

0 (0%)
Reinardina - The Charity Shop

2 (11.8%)
Hinfrance - Lovely Cup of Tea

3 (17.6%)
SimonW - Bowling

2 (11.8%)
Sarasocke - Ex-Pat Survival Kit

1 (5.9%)
irv_b - Fish and chip supper

4 (23.5%)
beauxreflets - Pass The Parcel

0 (0%)
Dave - The pub

5 (29.4%)
Oldboy - Wet Weather

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: September 24, 2011, 10:07:00 PM

Author Topic: Poll for "Typically British"  (Read 1624 times)

Offline irv_b

Poll for "Typically British"
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »
Sorry everyone that I'm a day late but the poll is open so vote away :)

My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

skellum

Re: Poll for "Typically British"
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 12:46:26 PM »
Well it would seem that I have won by 1 vote so thanks to whoever that was. Time to have a think about the next theme which is never easy infact I think its harder than accually finding a picture for the comp. Any suggestions would be appreciated as my mind is a blank at the moment.. :tup:

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 12:49:35 PM »
Congratulations  :tup:  :2funny:  :idea:  :legit:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Online Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 01:06:25 PM »
Well done Dave - I suspect that you had a bit of head start there with your 'second home' being so typically British.

Irv got my vote this week with his fish and chips.

You could always do something like 'food' for next week. It might temp jinky to have a go and I can dream of stuff I might be able to eat if I hadn't got yet another root canal infection and be stuck with soup and antibiotics for the foreseeable  . .  :'(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »
Congratulations Dave!

Good luck with finding a new theme.

What about a trade or craft? Or has that been done already?

Not sure I'll be entering this time, as Hubby and I are visiting Daughter in Sheffield from Wednesday till Monday.

And whoever voted for me: Thank you!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

skellum

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 04:04:22 PM »
Congratulations Dave!

Not sure I'll be entering this time, as Hubby and I are visiting Daughter in Sheffield from Wednesday till Monday.

We have had Trades & Professions a while back but it may be worth another go.

You can take photographs in Sheffield it is allowed I have done it myself in fact at Sheffield Wednesday on a Saturday so no excuse.. ;D

Offline Sarasocke

• my flickr
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 05:59:23 PM »
Well done Dave! Indeed, very British  :)

Yepp, Sheffield would be a good place to take pics. Haven't done any for a couple of years, but at least no-one stopped me last time. I haven't been back "home" for a while, must try and fit it in before the end of the year.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 06:19:33 PM »
Well done Dave.  :tup:

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 07:23:02 PM »
Congratulations Dave!

We have had Trades & Professions a while back but it may be worth another go.

You can take photographs in Sheffield it is allowed I have done it myself in fact at Sheffield Wednesday on a Saturday so no excuse.. ;D

Well done Dave! Indeed, very British  :)

Yepp, Sheffield would be a good place to take pics. Haven't done any for a couple of years, but at least no-one stopped me last time. I haven't been back "home" for a while, must try and fit it in before the end of the year.

Fell in love with Sheffield that first day Daughter went there to go to university. She loves it 'up north' and stayed there when she finished. We have been back there on a regular basis (once a year!) and I have taken lots of photographs in the past. This will be the first time however, I will be taking pictures with a more experienced eye. Fingers crossed I don't mess up!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline irv_b

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »
Well it would seem that I have won by 1 vote so thanks to whoever that was. Time to have a think about the next theme which is never easy infact I think its harder than accually finding a picture for the comp. Any suggestions would be appreciated as my mind is a blank at the moment.. :tup:

Oops that may have been me Dave :-[
Congrats on the win anyway and you could always throw it out as an open shot, if you can't think of anything
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Offline Delamanda

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 06:41:56 AM »
Well done Dave!  It couldn't really get more British than that!

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 140/2 jinky Last post Today at 07:19:38 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 230/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 249/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636546/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 62/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 207/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 242/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM