• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 61
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 32
  • Total: 32
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Taylor Wessing!

Started by ABERS, September 20, 2011, 07:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

The shortlist for this year's Taylor Wessing Portait prize has been announced

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14929248

What's your money on? :-\

Oldboy

Look a bit like holiday snaps to me?  :P

Jonathan

You must go on some odd holidays.

I never agree with the judges but I suspect they will pick David Knight as the winner and use Jooney Woodward as the poster image.  Jasper Clarke as an outside bet.
It's Guest's round

Beaux Reflets

I think the choice is likely to be David Knight's shot, with Jasper Clarke's Wen for titilation   ;)
I bet these five are not the best of the bunch, and I would not be inspired to buy a print of any of the shortlisted shots.   :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

greypoint

Style of the moment I suppose - vaguely ironic..warts and all..and whatever you do - look miserable! :dance: :dance:

Oldboy

Quote from: greypoint on September 20, 2011, 11:04:13 AM
Style of the moment I suppose - vaguely ironic..warts and all..and whatever you do - look miserable! :dance: :dance:

:2funny: :2funny:

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: greypoint on September 20, 2011, 11:04:13 AM
:)
Fashions often repeat like mundane backgrounds  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

ABERS

It's hard to grasp. How many such pictures have you decided to bin after looking at them, let alone offer them up for a competition.

Dona Schwarz's Mum and Dad image reminds me very much of the pictures my daughters take of my wife and myself, the fact that it's taken in their son's bedroom seems a pretty lame excuse for remarking on it.

Ah well, I'll plod on in my ignorance. ::)

skellum

A strange competition this one. If I were to choose and its only my opinion it would be the 3rd image ' Jasper Clarke's Wen '.  The women in image 2 ' Jill Woosters friend Lili ' does not look at all well and is scary and should be binned along with the others.

Graham

Before I go and have a look, do I have to prepare myself for a picture of a lady showing her lady parts?
                                 Graham. :o
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

nickt

And I thought I was crap at portraits.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.