• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,515
  • Total Topics: 5,735
  • Online today: 122
  • Online ever: 6,071 (March 12, 2026, 03:28:52 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 158
  • Total: 158
  • Google (2)
bhphotovideo
What made you feel good t...Weekly CompetitionsCanon kit to borrow (free...Dreaminess Happy Christmas 2025!NiceVeedi 2-Pack Photogra...DJI Osmo Action 6 Essenti...RØDE Wireless ME Ultra-co...NEEWER Snap On ND Filter ...BRDRC Pocket 3 Camera Bik...Lenovo LOQ | 15.6 inch Fu...DJI Mic 3 (2 TX + 1 RX + ...DJI Mic Mini (2 TX + 1 RX...DJI OSMO Action 5 Pro 4 3...DJI Osmo Action 5 Pro Adv...Post your best shots here

Taylor Wessing!

Started by ABERS, September 20, 2011, 07:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

The shortlist for this year's Taylor Wessing Portait prize has been announced

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14929248

What's your money on? :-\

Oldboy

Look a bit like holiday snaps to me?  :P

Jonathan

You must go on some odd holidays.

I never agree with the judges but I suspect they will pick David Knight as the winner and use Jooney Woodward as the poster image.  Jasper Clarke as an outside bet.
It's Guest's round

Beaux Reflets

I think the choice is likely to be David Knight's shot, with Jasper Clarke's Wen for titilation   ;)
I bet these five are not the best of the bunch, and I would not be inspired to buy a print of any of the shortlisted shots.   :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

greypoint

Style of the moment I suppose - vaguely ironic..warts and all..and whatever you do - look miserable! :dance: :dance:

Oldboy

Quote from: greypoint on September 20, 2011, 11:04:13 AM
Style of the moment I suppose - vaguely ironic..warts and all..and whatever you do - look miserable! :dance: :dance:

:2funny: :2funny:

Beaux Reflets

#6
Quote from: greypoint on September 20, 2011, 11:04:13 AM
Style of the moment I suppose - vaguely ironic..warts and all..and whatever you do - look miserable! :dance: :dance:
:)
Fashions often repeat like mundane backgrounds  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

ABERS

It's hard to grasp. How many such pictures have you decided to bin after looking at them, let alone offer them up for a competition.

Dona Schwarz's Mum and Dad image reminds me very much of the pictures my daughters take of my wife and myself, the fact that it's taken in their son's bedroom seems a pretty lame excuse for remarking on it.

Ah well, I'll plod on in my ignorance. ::)

skellum

#8
A strange competition this one. If I were to choose and its only my opinion it would be the 3rd image ' Jasper Clarke's Wen '.  The women in image 2 ' Jill Woosters friend Lili ' does not look at all well and is scary and should be binned along with the others.

Graham

    Before I go and have a look, do I have to prepare myself for a picture of a lady showing her lady parts?
                                 Graham. :o
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

nickt

And I thought I was crap at portraits.

This website is proudly hosted on Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting.


Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.