Horizons PollCanon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Poll

Please vote for your favourite 20th Century picture

Piggy in Love:

2 (10%)
Teddy Bear:
1 (5%)
Wireless:

1 (5%)
Scarf:

1 (5%)
Quality Glass:

3 (15%)
Coffee Time:

1 (5%)
Record Player:

3 (15%)
Projector Screen:

1 (5%)
Old Tack:

3 (15%)
Born Last Century:

4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: September 17, 2011, 11:07:00 AM

Author Topic: POLL for 20th Century  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
POLL for 20th Century
« on: September 14, 2011, 11:03:42 AM »
POLL NOW OPEN

Please vote for your favourite 20th Century picture.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:06:36 AM by Hinfrance »

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

skellum

Re: POLL for 20th Century
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 06:52:30 PM »
Thanks for setting up the poll Howard  :tup:  I have been rushed of my feet for the last two days photographing musical instruments, guitars mainly. I never knew there were so many variations. Anyway thanks again.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 08:40:21 PM »
No worries Dave.

Hope that the product shoot has gone really well. Always difficult photographing shiny things like guitars.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 07:30:14 PM »
Great to see votes across the board this week.  Hope I don't get any more votes as I have problems with my back and sciatica at the moment, with the GP threatening me with the need of an MRI etc., so time sitting at the PC is at a minimum  :(  and I have to go to the hospital at some point in the next few days.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »
Sorry to hear about the pain you're in Andy - hope that it does the decent thing and just goes away.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 08:26:11 PM »
 I though it was going to be a fourway tie between mondmagu, jimthetrain, beauxreflets and myself but I collected a vote on the last day!  :o

Well done all. My entry was a bit of a laugh but it did fit the brief just.  :-[

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 11:14:35 PM »
Great to see votes across the board this week.  Hope I don't get any more votes as I have problems with my back and sciatica at the moment, with the GP threatening me with the need of an MRI etc., so time sitting at the PC is at a minimum  :(  and I have to go to the hospital at some point in the next few days.

Sorry to hear you're not well Andy. Hope things will clear up soon, with or without medical interference.

I'm happy with my two votes, especially as the picture wasn't quite as it should have been! Dutch angles will remain one of my weak points. It's in my blood probably.

I though it was going to be a fourway tie between mondmagu, jimthetrain, beauxreflets and myself but I collected a vote on the last day!  :o

Well done all. My entry was a bit of a laugh but it did fit the brief just.  :-[

Because it was a bit of a laugh, it got my vote.
Congratulations OB.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Sarasocke

• my flickr
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 11:29:07 PM »
Andy, I'm so sorry to hear you're not well, I do hope you feel better really soon.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 07:28:06 AM »
Congrats Oldboy.

Andy, you'll have to get the better half to do the heavy lifting from now on. Get well soon.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Graham

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 09:24:04 AM »
  Yep. Oldboy got my vote as well. I was struck by that young lady.... she did'nt appear to have a single item of clothing or accessory that had any practicle purpose whatsoever!
                                Graham. :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline greypoint

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 09:30:54 AM »
Actually it tends to show just how old fashioned the yoof of today can be - that look would'nt have seemed out of place in the 1960s. Apart from the shoes - which we would probably have thought must be orthapaedic  ::)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2011, 12:39:16 PM »
Congratulations OB
Thanks for the  kind get well wishes - I'm just taking things as easy as possible and hopefully will participate as and when I'm able.  :beer:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 07:48:06 PM »
Thanks for all the votes.   :-[

Hope you get better soon Andy.  :tup:

Reinardina - you got my vote.  ;D

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 135/1 Oldboy Last post August 08, 2020, 11:48:53 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 230/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 249/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636544/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 62/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 207/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 242/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM