What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...TIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...Drone Potato Poll 27/06 - 06/07...

Author Topic: Chat Thread for ' 20th Century '  (Read 1214 times)

skellum

Chat Thread for ' 20th Century '
« on: September 04, 2011, 09:10:34 PM »
This weeks subject is  ' 20th Century '

Anything that you still use or is still used by the general public from the last Century.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 5 th September 2011 to 23:59 Sunday 11 th September 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 12th September 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 13th September 2011.
Winner to be announced Saturday 17th September 2011.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Re: Chat Thread for ' 20th Century '
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 08:57:20 AM »
Oh Boy! Apart from some electrical and electronic goods, that's almost everything! Just have to find the most photogenic/extravagant/ridiculous thingy and try to capture it in a breathtaking way.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 09:39:30 AM »
Just need to get something out of my wardrobe then ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 10:09:38 AM »

That's the easy way out!  (Though if I can't think of/find something 'other,' I might resort to it too.)

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 07:34:54 PM »

Please note it's the twentieth century not the nineteenth!  :2funny:

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 07:11:06 PM »
My old, battered piggybank has lived with me for over forty years. Her rubber 'belly button' has long since crumbled and decayed, but with the help of a kitchen towel 'stopper,' she still holds our coppers, till she is too heavy to be lifted. Then there will be a 'lot of shaking going on,' before the coins are collected and taken to a sorting machine.

Today I took her into the (sloping, no real Dutch angle here!) garden for the very first time, and don't she look happy?

I'm not sure whether I could put this little story with the entry, but decided to play it safe and post it here.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 08:49:35 AM »
Looks like the piggy is hunting for truffles.

I have got the beginnings of a thought in my head about this one. So we shall see how it goes.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 08:57:17 AM »
Looks like the piggy is hunting for truffles.

I have got the beginnings of a thought in my head about this one. So we shall see how it goes.

Yeah, I thought that. The poor silly thing might have a very vague, inherited memory of truffles, but obviously lost the plot in her years spent as a beauty queen.

Beginnings of thought are a good thing Howard! Keep the process going!

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 634740/3970 Jediboy Last post Today at 09:43:05 AM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 30/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 19/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 166/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 135/2 jinky Last post July 30, 2020, 12:58:25 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 206/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM
xx TIME OUT. Entry thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 165/3 Oldboy Last post July 27, 2020, 10:17:12 PM
xx Horizons CHAT thread 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 85/1 anglefire Last post July 27, 2020, 08:49:22 PM