POLL - Home and GardenHOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...

Author Topic: IOTW?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
IOTW?
« on: August 24, 2011, 04:58:26 PM »
Have I missed something, an announcement or something similar, about the 'Image of the week?'
Why ain't it there?  :'(

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
Re: IOTW?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 06:18:49 PM »
I thought it was up to last week's winner to pick the next one, but I've no idea how it gets posted.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »
Sorry guys, been really busy for the last few days, so haven't really had a chance to sort it.   

Maybe as it's now late in the week I should start it rolling again on Sunday.  If you are all in agreement?
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 07:11:51 PM »
Fine by me.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 07:49:48 PM »
Fine by me too.

Just a thought  :idea:  ;) - Why not have IOTW selected by being the 'winning entry' from the weekly comp?  :legit:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 08:10:32 PM »
That's a full hundred per cent of all who expressed an opinion (so far), so you should be okay leaving it as it is!  ;D

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 11:03:16 PM »
Just a thought  :idea:  ;) - Why not have IOTW selected by being the 'winning entry' from the weekly comp?  :legit:

The problem with that is, not everybody wishes to enter or enters the weekly competition beside which, the best image of the week might not be an entry into the weekly competition.  ;D

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 11:17:36 PM »

The problem with that is, not everybody wishes to enter or enters the weekly competition beside which, the best image of the week might not be an entry into the weekly competition.  ;D

True - Just testing to see who's awake - I actually like the way IOTW is currently figured  ;)

Offline Alfonso_Frisk

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007/
    • My Shipping images
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 12:14:14 AM »
The other problem is that many a  time the IOTW was shot a while ago and the tog very rarely visits the site hence the delay in the next image being chosen or Mick has had to pick one.
Ive said it before, and IMHO the IOTW should come from an image which has been posted from the last 7 days, that way we know the owner of said image is still active and can be relied on to pick the next image before the next dead line.
RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 08:23:08 AM »
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Eileen, last weeks winner, has been bitten by the remote region trekking bug and gone to Bognor for the week, hence no ITOW proposal from her. Too busy traversing the promenades and striking inland to the darkest, deepest regions of Hotham Park. Butlins is another place where mysterious and long lost tribes congregate. Let's hope she is back with us safe and sound soon! ;)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »
The other problem is that many a  time the IOTW was shot a while ago and the tog very rarely visits the site hence the delay in the next image being chosen or Mick has had to pick one.
Ive said it before, and IMHO the IOTW should come from an image which has been posted from the last 7 days, that way we know the owner of said image is still active and can be relied on to pick the next image before the next dead line.
RR
Alf

When it was my turn, I found myself browsing backwards until a shot struck a vibrant chord. There are so many good shots to choose from. I suppose I should wander through the Galleries more often. Selecting from the last 7 days will certainly be fine by me  :beer:

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 09:06:42 AM »
Any idea how many pictures are uploaded in a week?

I tend to upload in batches of five or six, and sometimes when I look at the rolling thingummybob, there seem to be an awful lot of my shots.

Wouldn't that limit the choice somewhat?

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 09:15:29 AM »

I tend to upload in batches of five or six, and sometimes when I look at the rolling thingummybob, there seem to be an awful lot of my shots.

Wouldn't that limit the choice somewhat?

Not if the selection was over the time span - it may just increase your chances a wee bit  ;)

picsfor

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 09:24:42 AM »
I'm meeting Eileen next week, suspect that'll be a bit to late for this weeks image  ;)

Offline greypoint

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 09:35:46 AM »
Perhaps the best way to avoid not having a picture to use would be for the previous winner to be required to choose a picture by a certain time and if they don't, because they're away etc., the last weeks competition winner is uploaded.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Home and Garden International Weekly Comp Entries 88/0 Jediboy Last post April 07, 2020, 11:06:27 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 184/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:46:19 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 173/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:45:17 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 110/4 Jediboy Last post April 06, 2020, 04:14:53 PM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 232/5 Jediboy Last post April 05, 2020, 11:46:39 PM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 69/0 jinky Last post April 05, 2020, 10:28:18 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 594821/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571990/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM