POLL for STREETSTREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: Multiple Postings to Gallery  (Read 1824 times)

Offline northbeach

• CC Regular visitor
Multiple Postings to Gallery
« on: July 01, 2008, 02:57:46 PM »
I know many people have a lot of images they want to post and do post.  However,  I'm having a bit of a problem with multiple images posted  all at once.   It's a lot to try to plough through to get to the next person's work.   Someone who has only one image up at a time gets pushed way down  the line and isn't going to get seen.  I've also tried to post comments  but no way can I do that now.

It might be that admin. has to work out a way so we can post to our gallery but that all images posted there don't end up on the view gallery.

And speaking of comments ~ how is it that so few people bother with that?   Is this just a place to put a photograph so it can be on the internet or is there a genuine interest in getting feedback?

Perhaps we need a separate gallery for images wanting feedback?

"In a hundred years, all new people."  My Gallery

Offline Alfonso_Frisk

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007/
    • My Shipping images
Re: Multiple Postings to Gallery
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 04:22:19 PM »
I started a critique thread while ago for the same reasons you mentioned
http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=117.0

No one seemed really interested apart from Donny and me, but if you want to bump it at bit feel free :tup:

RR
Alf
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 06:39:58 PM »
This seems to be a problem with all the galleries I've used in the past.  The latest images soon get knocked off the home page, and as you say they don't get seen.

Now I could impose a upload limit of say five images a day, or three images a day etc, but this would have to be adhered to by everyone as I haven't found a way to code the restriction into the site yet.  :-[

What I have done is to increase the amount of new images shown in the latest uploads, seen either from the front page of the gallery, or by clicking the "latest uploads" link from the gallery top menu.  The latter will give you around 22 pages of uploads.  ;)

Also what I've not found yet is a way to display more images on the home page and keep them in a format that looks tidy.  I'll look into this some more though.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline Tripod

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 05:41:43 PM »
Got to agree with these comments and I've been guilty of just that. When I first joined site I thought---- 'Oh good I'll put up my Stourhead images' ----most went through without comment. I was a little bit disappointed in that I had very very few comments, yet knowing the images were very worthy of some good comments. I started to then think that perhaps to many at a time was not good practice as members were not having time to view them and that single uploads by others were being pushed out or lost in the rush.

Perhaps three uploads a day should be a rule and an etiquette of the site.

Hope this helps Mick
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 05:43:49 PM by Tripod »

Offline Tripod

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 06:08:22 PM »
Feedback

Being keen on photography I like to give feedback to others images but feel that encouragement feedback is much better than criticised feedback. Perhaps I'm like many others in thinking.----'who am I to be critical of others work'------- I've seen on other sites some very off putting comments. Helpful suggestions yes but downright you could/should have done it this way. "Could you up the contrast a little and let us see if it improves the image" Is much better than saying the contrast is all wrong for me. After all we all get it wrong sometimes and post images we should have looked more closely at. If we get the right kind of encouragement then we should all benefit in thinking about our images and learning from others work.

So lets all encourage one another. :tup:

Hope I've not said too much or over the top with these comments of mine.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 06:17:25 PM by Tripod »

Offline vxisme

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 11:00:23 AM »
Would it be feasable to have an member gallery highlighted week on a rotational basis on the side lines, that way we could all have a wee go at visiting each other and commenting if so desired, as well as the other day to day postings still going on.

Donny
Donny  My Gallery

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2008, 04:45:21 PM »

Would it be feasable to have an member gallery highlighted week on a rotational basis

Sounds like a good idea Donny  :idea: .  Not sure how we could implement it, but I'm open to suggestions.  ;)   

Would this be forum based, or gallery based?  and linked from a custom made side block on the home page.

Throw me some ideas guys and I'll experiment.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline vxisme

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 02:35:54 PM »
A custom side block might work better on the side of front page if space permits, and we could still get on with the day to day side of the gallery too,

Donny
Donny  My Gallery

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Hinfrance Last post August 11, 2020, 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 122/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 174/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 219/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 60/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 20/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 271/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 268/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM