STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for STREETSTREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: Ladybird Just Before Take Off  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
Ladybird Just Before Take Off
« on: August 01, 2011, 06:21:11 AM »
Hi

Yesterday, Gary (whom I met for the first time), and my friend John we went to Birkacre Yarrow Valley Chorley Lancashire,  Gary had never been before, and was overjoyed with the whole place, we only covered a small amount of the reserve, from the visitor centre to the weir then on to primrose hill, we had a fascinating time watching the ladybirds, I got this shot, I was trying to get an in flight shot, I managed to get this shot just before take off, and a very nice shot of a buttercup LOL

Gary loved the weir, where I gave him a masterclass in composition. Im looking forward to seeing his resulting shots,  All in all  a very pleasant afternoon out

Ladybird Just Before Take Off Birkacre Yarrow Valley Chorley Lancashire by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Dave

Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Offline Markulous

Re: Ladybird Just Before Take Off
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 09:42:02 AM »
Nice one! Maybe a bit central for me but good detail

Not been to Yarrow Valley - we've been to Cuerden and. more recently, Brockholes which is pretty good now but will be fantastic after a couple more years - but worth going for the amazing floating buildings alone!
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline Beryl

• Woldlife & Poetry
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »
Yes. Nice capture .  :tup:

I have ti agree it's a bit central. You need a third of your frames space for him to look into really
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 10:22:55 AM »
Thanks Mark and Beryl, Think its my border making it look to central as the ladybirds head is bang on thirds

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Offline Markulous

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 10:28:33 AM »
Forgetting 1/3rds (but not entirely!), take the top right 4 squares but allowing space around it's body. Then there's space in front of it and less rather detailess buttercup
Whatever and ever. Amen
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 10:30:53 AM »
Oh ta Mark you can do a crop of it if you like to show me, what you mean please

Offline Markulous

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 10:34:59 AM »
Oh ta Mark you can do a crop of it if you like to show me, what you mean please

It's Flickr and without going into my cache and pulling out the image, I can't get it - and I CBA to do that!

Here's an image that kind of shows what I mean - a Skipper (not the greatest shot, I know, but it does make an example of space in front of the subject!)
Whatever and ever. Amen
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 10:35:44 AM »
Like this

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 10:36:42 AM »
Oh I see what you mean forget my last post

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 10:40:08 AM »
Any better

Offline Markulous

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2011, 10:41:54 AM »
 :tup:  :tup:  :tup:

Probably slightly less space in front as if you look at your image it's beginning to look a little too 50:50!  ;)
Whatever and ever. Amen
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 10:43:22 AM »
Ok Ta I'll bare it in mind next time, I see what you mean now  :tup:

Offline Markulous

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 10:59:45 AM »
Or, a square format (went for keeping the shadow at's it's rear end!
(yup, went into my cache to find your image and edited from there - you'll see I've added a little to the top. I'll delete this in a few days)
You'll see that the head is actually still central but the body/flower is offset!

Whatever and ever. Amen
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 11:20:43 AM »
Cracking shot Dave and colours. Love the detail.  ;D

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2011, 11:59:48 AM »
Cheers Mark, looks OK with a square crop  :tup:

Many thanks OB  :tup:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 155/4 anglefire Last post August 12, 2020, 10:38:09 PM
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 63/0 Hinfrance Last post August 11, 2020, 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 186/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 233/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 74/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 26/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 289/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 271/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM