SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...Poll - Stuck at HomeWhat annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...Joke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...LIQUID - Entry thread - w...Tool Time PollPhoto show at the Nec - p...Uploading

Author Topic: Why Oh Why ?+ video  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Beryl

• Woldlife & Poetry
Why Oh Why ?+ video
« on: July 10, 2011, 03:09:16 PM »
Why oh why ?
Can’t people be more careful with their fishing lines and polythene bags and kite strings etc.?
Walking home along the estuary I noticed a large gull like bird with very odd markings. Took a snap as he was quite far out and thought no more of it until further along I noticed he had drifted right up close to the banks.
It was a Gannet I thought wow. I took some photos. Then as I was zooming in on his face I thought “Oh No"
Yes the poor bird was tied up with fishing line and string with a polythene bag on toe. I couldn't just leave it.
 I phoned for the RSPCA to come out. Then someone I say hello to nearly every came along and I showed him the bird. He said if I hold on to the dogs he would go down and untangle the bird. There was line, string and a Polythene bag on toe. All were wrapped round his beak and wings
The blood you see on the bird’s beak are from where the bird pecked him whilst he was untangling all the lines.

About two hours later after resting the bird began to pick up as the RSPCA inspector was talking to me on the phone and I then told him the bird had rested and was picking up very well. So he didn't really need to come all the way to Exmouth.
The bird did really well after resting and made an excellent recovery.
I just wish people would be more responsible with their rubbish

« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 06:18:32 PM by admin »

A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Offline Oldboy

Re: Why Oh Why ?+ video
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 08:23:53 PM »
Very sad and a reflection of the attitude of some members of the public.  >:(

Well done on your and your friend.  :tup:

Offline Beryl

• Woldlife & Poetry
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 11:39:35 PM »
Thanks Olboy. :)
 I stayed with the bird for nearly two hours  so I could keep dogs away . It was worth it .
I fell asleep when I got home woke up at .30 pm . I too was exhausted

My Web site

Offline Markulous

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 08:51:19 AM »
Nice one!  :tup:
That's one juvenile Gannet that owes you and your friend!  :)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »
Well done Beryl - I'm very glad you bothered. (Bet the bird is too.)
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 10:30:15 AM »
Well done Beryl, Pleased it recovered and turned out well,

we had a similar thing with the tawny owl tangled with line if you remember

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Offline Beryl

• Woldlife & Poetry
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 05:40:04 PM »
Thanks every one. I'm sure you would hav too.  you just do what you think is right at the time don't you  :)

My Web site

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp CHAT thread International Weekly Comp Entries 310/13 Hinfrance Last post Today at 09:12:04 AM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp ENTRY thread International Weekly Comp Entries 114/5 Hinfrance Last post Today at 09:08:37 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 18/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:22:41 PM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:21:27 PM
xx Poll - Stuck at Home International Weekly Comp Entries 184/3 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:16:30 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 590470/3915 Jediboy Last post March 28, 2020, 02:04:26 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 569649/3891 Oldboy Last post March 27, 2020, 03:45:19 PM
xx Joke of the day General Discussion 95036/351 Jediboy Last post March 24, 2020, 04:14:01 PM