What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...TIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...Drone Potato Poll 27/06 - 06/07...

Author Topic: VAT?  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Graham

VAT?
« on: July 08, 2011, 04:52:36 PM »
  Hi Gang.
               I've flogged a licence to use one of my Gigpics.
               In my original corrispondance I explained that I am not vat registerd, and so will not be able to supply a vat receipt.
               I've just received the fee agreed +Vat, with a request for a vat receipt.
               Not sure what I'm suposed to do now! :-[
                         Any advice greatfully received.
                                          Graham. :-*

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
Re: VAT?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 04:58:27 PM »
Refund the vat portion and send a receipt stating that vat is not applicable to this transaction UNLESS you think you will be vat registering in the next 2 months.  Then it gets kind of complicated.

You know I'm not an accountant, right?
It's Guest's round

skellum

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 05:21:01 PM »
Might be best to send the cheque back with a copy invoice ( assuming it is a cheque ) stating the amount  due to you less VAT. My thinking is that once it is cashed it becomes more complicated in the system at their end.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 08:27:08 PM »
  Hi Gang.
               I've flogged a licence to use one of my Gigpics.
               In my original corrispondance I explained that I am not vat registerd, and so will not be able to supply a vat receipt.
               I've just received the fee agreed +Vat, with a request for a vat receipt.
               Not sure what I'm suposed to do now! :-[
                         Any advice greatfully received.
                                          Graham. :-*

Suggest you return the payment in full and request payment without VAT added, as you don't have a VAT registration due to not reaching the VAT threshold.  ;D

VAT registration threshold
If you're in business, you must register for VAT if your VAT taxable turnover for the previous 12 months is more than £73,000. This figure is known as the VAT registration threshold. The threshold changes - usually once a year announced in the Budget - so you should regularly check your turnover against the current threshold.

You must also register for VAT if either of the following applies:

•you think your VAT taxable turnover may go over the threshold in the next 30 days alone
•you take over a VAT-registered business as a going concern

Offline Graham

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 09:57:43 AM »
  Thanks for the advise chaps. :tup:

Graham.

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline Graham

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 10:21:39 AM »
  By the way Jonathan, they wanted the pics deliverd via "Dropbox" so I opened an account via a link you provided in a previous post.
  Hopefully you will now have a bit more space to play with.
               Graham.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 10:44:44 AM by Graham »

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline jinky

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 01:46:07 PM »
I love dropbox and used it for a few jobs since Jonathan mentioned it so thanks for that too !  ;)

Offline Graham

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 04:50:23 PM »
I love dropbox and used it for a few jobs since Jonathan mentioned it so thanks for that too !  ;)
And it lets you know that the pics have been "collected", so you don't have to wait for the recipient to have the manners to confirm! ( >:()
               Graham. :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 634734/3970 Jediboy Last post Today at 09:43:05 AM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 30/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 19/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 166/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 135/2 jinky Last post July 30, 2020, 12:58:25 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 206/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM
xx TIME OUT. Entry thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 165/3 Oldboy Last post July 27, 2020, 10:17:12 PM
xx Horizons CHAT thread 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 85/1 anglefire Last post July 27, 2020, 08:49:22 PM