POLL for STREETSTREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: Google (stolen) Image Search found 37 of mine  (Read 7495 times)

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
Google (stolen) Image Search found 37 of mine
« on: July 02, 2011, 09:06:04 PM »
Hi

Found out about the new Google Image Search Feature,

So far Ive found 37 of my images that have been stolen now, its beyond a joke, its a full time job finding out contact emails, many of the sites are travel, travel agents, sports, although I dont do sports so why they used my images I no ideas, newspapers, fruit merchants, and many more, I even found one that someone had used it for a diploma course in the USA, and now their website they are professional wedding and portrait photographers, thats besides the multitude of blogs Ive found using my images,

Ive spent all afternoon and night yesterday, most of the morning and nearly all afternoon today and probably tonight as well, I think I'll need to take an assistant soon Clicky Linky  to my blog

How to search find the image you want to search for, in a new window, then from a separate window click google then Image, drag your image into the search bar and off google goes looking for images that match yours, see image below

Dave
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 09:07:46 PM by Just Dave »

Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Offline Oldboy

Re: Google (stolen) Image Search found 37 of mine
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 08:37:09 AM »
That looks good.  :tup:

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 09:59:10 AM »
It works great as well, all I need do now is write a letter and send my invoices out, and see what happens
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Offline spinner

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 11:32:48 AM »
Just out of curiosity, as I may have missed a part of the story here, what made you look in the first place?
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2011, 12:19:04 PM »
Hi

because its the new tool and I thought Id try it out on a  few of my images I thought worthy of use to someone else

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 01:00:34 PM »
Interesting, thanks Dave.  Found this image from my gallery, on a few sites using this method

http://pixdaus.com/index.php?pageno=3&tag=hawk&sort=tag

http://www.gtfo.ro/tag/bird/

http://reginejoyce.com/photos/index.php?cat=1  Not sure what this is?  loos like a complete rip off of my album.

http://didan.ir/article5421.html

http://www.irannaz.com/news_detail_14650.html
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2011, 01:27:10 PM »
Hi

Its a great tool,

#1 no credit
#2 posted by Towelie is that you
#3 posted by  regineadmin   is that you
#4 cheeky gits they've put their logo on it  no  credit
#5 no credit

Blog sites Ive just been asking for a credit or for the image ro be removed

Commercial sites send them an unauthorised use and an invoice if they wish to continue to use your image.
why should they get away with using our images for nothing no one gave us our cameras, paid for us to go to get the shots in the first place, we had to pay so should they especially if their making cash of our images

Dave

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 01:37:30 PM »
I just did a quick search of your image its on lots of sites facebook,blogs.forums,

Offline alan1572

• I'll do it tomorrow
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 02:34:35 PM »
would take a bit of time to check all of your good ones but worth it
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 03:20:42 PM by alan1572 »
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 02:47:04 PM »
Yet to find one of mine being used.

I agree those that are using other's images should sort things out.

1. It is only polite to ask the originator, photographer.

2. Blog or commercial use makes no difference, at the end of the day, without permission of use it is quite simply theft  :knuppel2: although I guess these 'users' may argue that without a © mark on the pictures they assumed it to be in the public domain and therefore free for one and all.

3. Send them all a big bill, along with terms and conditions so you can claim interest on unpaid invoices.

4. It is about time that the ISP's assisted by agreeing to provide sufficient details to enable legal action where sites are not disclosing true addresses online.

Thanks for the link Dave, I will keep checking on some of mine although I hope the © symbol has put a few off, or mine just aint worth nicking  :-\ :tup:.

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline rksmith51

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 04:39:02 PM »
Hi

Found out about the new Google Image Search Feature,

So far Ive found 37 of my images that have been stolen now, its beyond a joke, its a full time job finding out contact emails, many of the sites are travel, travel agents, sports, although I dont do sports so why they used my images I no ideas, newspapers, fruit merchants, and many more, I even found one that someone had used it for a diploma course in the USA, and now their website they are professional wedding and portrait photographers, thats besides the multitude of blogs Ive found using my images,

Ive spent all afternoon and night yesterday, most of the morning and nearly all afternoon today and probably tonight as well, I think I'll need to take an assistant soon Clicky Linky  to my blog

How to search find the image you want to search for, in a new window, then from a separate window click google then Image, drag your image into the search bar and off google goes looking for images that match yours, see image below

Dave

I don't think my sofa is facing north  :D I don't get it, can you explane how to search one more.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 04:50:14 PM »
Bob, this doesn't seem to work in IE8. so I used Firefox.  What I did. Open a window in firefox, and browsed to one of my pics in the gallery, clicked the thumb to open it to intermediate size.

Grab the side of that window to make it half width of your screen.

Open a new window in firefox, (not a new tab)  and go to google, click images.  Drag this window half width of your screen.  Then drag the image you opened into the image search on the other page.  Fingers crossed it'll work.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline rksmith51

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »
AHH thanks Mick, I'll try Firefox now  :)

Offline rksmith51

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 07:03:57 PM »
AHH thanks Mick, I'll try Firefox now  :)

I'm shocked at how many have been just used by people in their bolgs Etc

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2011, 07:09:43 PM »
Please note !! I am very careful to only submit my photographs onto the Internet with © and my name. (The only time this has not been done is when I have uploaded an image into a competition without such marks at the request of the competition organisation).

Fortunately this particular pic has only been in two competitions. The first one being run by Future / PhotoRadar and I have already noted that this was, is indeed the source because of the wording and date on all the many blog websites.  :knuppel2:

Interesting to see my Antics piccy of the ant on the bracken furl is on quite a few sites that physically means that the competition organisation are not looking after my property in the manner they express in their rules.

Time to dig deeper and sort this breach of my © property.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 07:53:53 PM by beauxreflets »
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 33/0 Hinfrance Last post Today at 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 120/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 171/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 217/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 57/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 19/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 262/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 264/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM