• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Recent Posts

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,515
  • Total Topics: 5,735
  • Online today: 87
  • Online ever: 6,071 (March 12, 2026, 03:28:52 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 35
  • Total: 35
  • Google (3)
Wish
What made you feel good t...Weekly CompetitionsCanon kit to borrow (free...Dreaminess Happy Christmas 2025!NiceVeedi 2-Pack Photogra...DJI Osmo Action 6 Essenti...RØDE Wireless ME Ultra-co...NEEWER Snap On ND Filter ...BRDRC Pocket 3 Camera Bik...Lenovo LOQ | 15.6 inch Fu...DJI Mic 3 (2 TX + 1 RX + ...DJI Mic Mini (2 TX + 1 RX...DJI OSMO Action 5 Pro 4 3...DJI Osmo Action 5 Pro Adv...Post your best shots here

Some New Shots

Started by Skhilled, June 25, 2011, 01:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skhilled

Here are a few shots I've taken with my new camera using macro mode and manual focus. I wasn't concerned with lighting so much as I was getting a sharp shot. I could have edited them in PP but decided not to do it. No editing was done, in camera or otherwise. My concerns are for composition and sharpness. All comments are welcome.


Although, I was trying to focus on the spider I think I focused more on the web. LOL
Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

Skhilled

Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

Markulous

Yeah, focus is on the web rather than the spider in the first but it's close! ;)
Think you've a touch of camera shake in the second - focus looks OK but I reckon the shadow has forced the shutter speed a little too low

Personally, I'd prefer a less central subject if you're having so much of the habitat (which I usually prefer, BTW, as it allows a more interesting composition!)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Skhilled

I was hand-holding the camera because of the unusual places the spiders were resting and thus the shake. Also, in the 2nd one the spider was a bit inside of the bush surrounded by brown leaves and stems.

Got to remember the rule of 3rds. LOL

Thanks again for the comments! :)
Nikon D3000
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6.G VR
Nikkor 70-210mm f4-f5.6 AF Macro Zoom
AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6.G ED VR

This website is proudly hosted on Crocweb Cloud Website Hosting.


Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.