Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons PollHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: Chat for weekly comp - INTENTIONAL CAMERA MOVEMENT  (Read 1519 times)

Offline Delamanda

Chat for weekly comp - INTENTIONAL CAMERA MOVEMENT
« on: June 05, 2011, 07:04:07 PM »

INTENTIONAL CAMERA MOVEMENT - does it deserve a place in photography or is it another example of the King's New Clothes approach to justify not deleting all those duff shots?  I thought that setting it as this week's theme would help decide!!

So anything with intentional camera movement - the more abstract, the better.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 6th May 2011 to 23:59 Sunday 12th June 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 13th June 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 14th June 2011.
Winner to be announced Saturday 18th June 2011.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Offline michaelb104

• michaelb104
Re: Chat for weekly comp - INTENTIONAL CAMERA MOVEMENT
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:07:20 AM »
Mmmmmm, interesting theme.  I’m really good at unintentional camera movement, I can see I’m going to have to investigate this other type of camera movement  ;)
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Offline jinky

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 09:11:40 AM »
Nust give it a go this week as I`ve not been doing many challenges lately and I should be OK for this one if I just do my usual

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »
Sounds like a lot of fun.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 02:00:01 PM »
Here's my entry, I probably won't have time this weekend to do any else for this challenge.

I thought to myself 'panning is intentional camera movement', but then I thought Del was probably after a bit of motion blur, so I turned off the IS, held at hip height a sort of semi panned at passing pedestrians, cyclist and cars. This one seemed to work. So here it is.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline bones615

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 03:49:23 PM »
Here's my entry. Dug my old push-pull zoom out of retirement & zoomed while taking the pic.
May not fit the brief of camera movement so I wont be upset if its not eligible.

Simon

Offline michaelb104

• michaelb104
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 04:43:40 PM »
Well it’s been raining now non-stop since early morning (well early for a Sunday), so I’m in with this.

It’s actually me trying to follow water from an overflowing guttering and taken through a rain spattered window.

Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 11:30:14 PM »
I did try - honest! But every shot turned out blurred!
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Markulous

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 09:57:52 AM »
Just realised that it's from the 5th May (a slight case of RTFM!) so I've entered - I love slow shutter but it's a bit of a lottery with horse trials as there's not only the horizontal pan but vertical movement will ruin the shot (it's surprising how smooth horse and rider heads can be!)
Whatever and ever. Amen
http://smg.photobucket.com/home/Markulous/index
Mark @ Photobucket

Offline Delamanda

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 08:29:45 AM »
I'm working on a really ancient laptop this week, which takes forever to do anything, so the poll will not be posted until early afternoon.  Hold those votes!

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 140/6 anglefire Last post Today at 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 34/0 jinky Last post August 04, 2020, 10:13:43 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 216/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 635451/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 47/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 31/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 184/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 225/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM