FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...LIQUID - Entry thread - w...

Author Topic: Hello All.  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Hello All.
« on: June 04, 2011, 07:44:39 PM »
"Before you can login and start using the forum, your request will be reviewed and approved.  When this happens, you will receive another email from this address."

I haven't received the above mentioned email yet, but noticed I was mentioned as a new member, and as I can login, I suppose I am approved? Or am I breaking all the rules, even before I am officially a member?

Anyway, I'd better introduce myself, before I'm kicked off!

My name is Reinardina, I'm Dutch, living in Hampshire UK, with (English) husband. Mother of Anglo-Dutch daughter, who lives in South Yorkshire.

A friend recommended this site, and has been encouraging me to join. I started on the PR site, and have already seen quite a few familiar  names that also frequent(ed?) that site.

I have no photography training and am trying to teach myself; occasionally I take a good picture, but it is very much a hit and miss affair; a question of luck.

I do not own an SLR and use a bridge camera.

I'm partially sighted, which can be a major problem and rules out certain genres of photography.

It will take me some time to find my way around the site, but I hope to master it before too long.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: Hello All.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »
Hi Reinardina,

Glad to have you on board. Don't know what happened to your welcome email. That might be my fault ;)

This is very friendly site. You'll find your way around in no time.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 09:37:46 PM »
Hi Reinardina,

Good to see you. You will find lots of helpful tips in the forum here -  :)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 10:20:18 PM »
Welcome and enjoy :tup:

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 11:01:11 PM »
Hi Reinardina, and welcome to CC.  As a PR member you should see some familiar faces over here.   

Need any help finding your way around just shout.  :tup:

I haven't received the above mentioned email yet, but noticed I was mentioned as a new member, and as I can login, I suppose I am approved? Or am I breaking all the rules, even before I am officially a member?

Apologies, not sure what happened there, but you are a member, and that's official.  :)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2011, 11:16:09 PM »
Thank you! So nice to get such a warm welcome.

And yes, I had noticed a lot of familiar names, and avatars. It's like coming home!

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 11:31:07 PM »
Hi Reinardina and welcome.  :tup:

Offline jinky

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 07:06:13 AM »
Hi Reinardina - welcome to the world of ex-PR /DCM escapees seeking new pastures. You`ll always find friendly words and great advice here.  ;)

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 12:49:02 PM »
Hi Reinardina - welcome to the world of ex-PR /DCM escapees seeking new pastures. You`ll always find friendly words and great advice here.  ;)

Yeah, I knew that, that's why I joined.

Offline michaelb104

• michaelb104
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 02:22:08 PM »
Hi Reinardina, good to see you over here , hope you join in on the weekly competition as well :)
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 04:14:01 PM »
Hi Reinardina, good to see you over here , hope you join in on the weekly competition as well :)

Thanks.

Yes, I will join the competition, once I found my feet. Still exploring the site.

I'll be away in the seond half of June, so I don't think I'll start before then.

Offline mondmagu

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/mondmagu
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 03:37:08 PM »
Welcome Reinardina,hope you enjoy your time here.I'm new also buy it takes no time to settle in.

Des

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 24/0 jinky Last post Today at 10:28:18 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 24/0 jinky Last post Today at 10:26:56 AM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 141/1 jinky Last post Today at 10:16:00 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 592884/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571057/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp CHAT thread International Weekly Comp Entries 392/13 Hinfrance Last post March 30, 2020, 09:12:04 AM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp ENTRY thread International Weekly Comp Entries 177/5 Hinfrance Last post March 30, 2020, 09:08:37 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:22:41 PM