Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons PollHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: Chat for " Water / Liquid "  (Read 1126 times)

skellum

Chat for " Water / Liquid "
« on: May 29, 2011, 12:49:54 PM »
It gets harder each time to think of a theme for the comp that we have not had before so this week I have decided on " WATER / LIQUID "

So anything from rivers & streams to a single water drop or a pint of ale. 

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 30th May 2011 to 23:59 Sunday 5th June 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 16th May 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 7th June 2011.
Winner to be announced Saturday 11th June 2011.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: Chat for " Water / Liquid "
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
Thanks Dave . .  it hasn't rained here for nearly two months, so maybe this will be a kind of rain dance for us.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline michaelb104

• michaelb104
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »
Early one from me this week, went to Chatsworth House yesterday and of course had to take this classic shot  :)
Mike

My Flickr   .   My Fluidr

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 03:45:55 PM »
Weather still not encouraging but I went out on my bike more in hope than expectation to photograph some water. Gave it up as a bad job, then on my way home a red squirrel ran across the road so close I had to brake hard. I stopped, it  started up a tree and then posed (no other word for it) in full view about three feet away. It stayed and watched as I carefully got my camera out and switched on, but before I could get a shot a car came by and startled it. It didn't go far though, and stayed to let me take this one.

However, no water entry from me I fear...

Red Squirrel
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Delamanda

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 11:21:10 PM »
No water from me either, just a puny cup of coffee.  I've been more or less confined to barracks marking exam papers and although much liquid has been consumed in the process, by the time I remembered the comp each evening, the bottle was  empty.  I should have made this week's theme recycling - got plenty of that now!

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 11:03:38 AM »
For the first time in a long time I spent more than 30 seconds on my entry.

The water in the glasses is tinted with food colouring and the lighting is from a 1980's Cobra 400 camera left with a blue filter and a Yongnuo 460ll camera right with a red filter. The filters had come with the Cobra when I originally bought it, and because old flashguns often have bigger tubes than modern ones a bit of sellotape easily fixed the blue filter to the newer Yongnuo. The flashes were triggered with Yongnuo CTR 301Ps. I don't know why, but these work much better with my Pentax cameras than the more popular RF-602s which won't sync above 1/125 sec. Also the CTR 301Ps have a light trigger as well as a radio trigger and they have tripod mounts.

Here's the reject:

It was fun tilting the glasses, but I don't have a backdrop big enough to work at that angle and distance.  :(
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 12:35:42 PM by Hinfrance »
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 211/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 84/0 jinky Last post August 04, 2020, 10:13:43 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 237/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636176/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 58/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 42/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 198/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 238/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM