POLL - Home and GardenHOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...

Author Topic: St Marks Fly And Red Damsel Hic Bibi  (Read 1875 times)

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
St Marks Fly And Red Damsel Hic Bibi
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:43:50 AM »
Hi

Had a ride up to Hic Bibi Coppull, and saw lots of St Marks Fly And Red Damsel, C+C Welcome

Red Damsel Fly, Pyrrhosoma-nymphula "Hic Bibi Coppull Chorley Lancashire by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

St Mark's Fly, Bibio Marci, At Hic Bibi, Coppull Near Chorley Lancashire by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Dave

Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Offline Beryl

• Woldlife & Poetry
Re: St Marks Fly And Red Damsel Hic Bibi
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 10:10:05 AM »
Nice captures. That thing at the bottom . Well done
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 08:14:12 PM »
Thanks very muchly Beryl :)
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »
Two cracking shots Dave.  :tup: How many shots did it take to get close to the Damselfly?  ::)

I saw my first Damselfly today but had to stalk it for five minutes to get closish.  :'(

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 09:50:46 PM »
Two cracking shots Dave.  :tup: How many shots did it take to get close to the Damselfly?  ::)

I saw my first Damselfly today but had to stalk it for five minutes to get closish.  :'(
Hi

Thanks very much, congrats on your first damsel

it was very windy he was low down I saw him land, think thats why hes hanging on for dear life, I took 7 shots first from a distance say 12" then each one very slowly getting closer and close, until the final shot about 7" away, then my mate had a go at getting shots
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:01:09 PM by Just Dave »

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
I had problems with the wind Sunday trying to photograph insects, just about to press the shutter and a gust of wind makes it dance before you eyes.  :o

Offline Alfonso_Frisk

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007/
    • My Shipping images
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 09:21:16 AM »
So that's what them little bleeders are called.
St Marks Fly. there was hundreds/thousands of them buzzing around yesterday whilst I was at the river mouth shooting some shipping.
The poor dog was running around in circles snapping at them (without cam).
Is this the season for such a species?
We at first thought there must have been a dead bird or other animal in the bushes which was to blame for the number of flies around
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 03:57:40 PM »
just about to press the shutter and a gust of wind makes it dance before you eyes.  :o

Maybe they were Dance flies  :2funny:, nothing much you can do when its windy just try to find a sun trap thats not as bad

So that's what them little bleeders are called.
St Marks Fly. there was hundreds/thousands of them buzzing around yesterday whilst I was at the river mouth shooting some shipping.
The poor dog was running around in circles snapping at them (without cam).
Is this the season for such a species?
We at first thought there must have been a dead bird or other animal in the bushes which was to blame for the number of flies around

Sounds like you ran into a hatch, thousands can be born all at the same time, there was a hatch the day I took that shot, the air was full of them

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 07:46:25 PM »
Nice work  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »
Cheers Andy  :tup:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Home and Garden International Weekly Comp Entries 88/0 Jediboy Last post April 07, 2020, 11:06:27 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 184/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:46:19 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 173/4 anglefire Last post April 07, 2020, 07:45:17 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 110/4 Jediboy Last post April 06, 2020, 04:14:53 PM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 232/5 Jediboy Last post April 05, 2020, 11:46:39 PM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 69/0 jinky Last post April 05, 2020, 10:28:18 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 594820/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571988/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM