What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...POLL - Something good, We...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...LIQUID - Entry thread - w...Tool Time PollPhoto show at the Nec - p...

Author Topic: Chat thread for weekend competition "Out of Focus" 21st - 27th February 2011  (Read 898 times)

Offline jinky

The theme for this week's comp is "Out of Focus". We all strive to make sure that we get our depth of field / focus just right but this weeks challenge is to get it all wrong - deliberately if possible but just your usual method will do if it is a common occurrence!
 Not just selective focus - I want every element of the image out of focus but still giving us a pleaseing image of anything that takes your fancy. So probably a manual focus job so your camera does not get it right for you !

No editing restrictions but don`t just use gaussian blur to put a focused image out of focus - try to do it in camera.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 21st feb 2011 to 23:59 Sunday 27thFebruary 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 28th February 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 1st March  until Friday 4th March.
Winner to be announced Saturday 5th March.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
create an entries thread
create a chat thread
create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Offline alan1572

• I'll do it tomorrow
gaussian blur?
will have to look it up, purely for research you understand
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Offline jinky

It`s in photoshop filters. Must get a shot for this or it looks bad  ;)

Offline jinky

Oh dear I killed interest in the comp with my theme - seemd like a good idea at the time but must admit I even forgot about it myself until yesterday / afternoon and evening when I rushed around with none of the ideas I had when Iset it practical due to rain and gloom. Will process and upload later on when I have time.
Any more ?

Offline Oldboy

Oh dear I killed interest in the comp with my theme - seemd like a good idea at the time but must admit I even forgot about it myself until yesterday / afternoon and evening when I rushed around with none of the ideas I had when Iset it practical due to rain and gloom. Will process and upload later on when I have time.
Any more ?

I don't think it's the topic more likely the weather that reduced the entries.  :'(

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 591646/3921 Jediboy Last post Today at 08:47:42 AM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 570440/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 82/0 Jediboy Last post March 31, 2020, 01:52:43 PM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp CHAT thread International Weekly Comp Entries 361/13 Hinfrance Last post March 30, 2020, 09:12:04 AM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp ENTRY thread International Weekly Comp Entries 151/5 Hinfrance Last post March 30, 2020, 09:08:37 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 25/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:22:41 PM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 65/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:21:27 PM
xx Poll - Stuck at Home International Weekly Comp Entries 205/3 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:16:30 PM