What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...TIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...Drone Potato Poll 27/06 - 06/07...

Author Topic: Rainbow Zip *** 2 New Shots Added ***  (Read 3162 times)

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
Rainbow Zip *** 2 New Shots Added ***
« on: January 18, 2011, 09:12:28 AM »
Hi

My first shot with my 7d, shot with natural window light, OK I was bored with all the rain :lol: C+C Welcome, thanks for looking,

Rainbow Pencil Zip pencils colour colourful red yellow green blue green orange sharpener creative interesting cose up by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Dave
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 05:28:12 PM by Just Dave »

Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

picsfor

Re: Rainbow Zip
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 10:22:28 AM »
raining heavily was it Dave?  :2funny:

Nicely done - i know it's a cliche shot, but very nicely done and the sharpener adds a nice touch.

Nothing wrong with the 7D - just doesn't fit in my hand properly, which is a shame because i was after one as a second body.

Offline krennon

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 11:51:58 AM »
Nice shot imaginative (I've been a bit shutter shy recently not taken any pics for ages)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Offline jinky

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 12:13:55 PM »
Great colour and thinking but for me the sharpener woiuld be the other way up to work better as a zip

Offline Graham

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 04:41:25 PM »
  "Cliche"?
                 Iv'e never seen it done before. Nice one.
                              Graham.  :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 06:57:34 PM »

Nicely done - i know it's a cliche shot, but very nicely done and the sharpener adds a nice touch.

Nothing wrong with the 7D - just doesn't fit in my hand properly, which is a shame because i was after one as a second body.

Aye rain was bad, Andrew, just had to try my 7D out  :tup:

Nice shot imaginative (I've been a bit shutter shy recently not taken any pics for ages)

Thanks  :tup: hope you soon get back into the swing of things again Keith

Great colour and thinking but for me the sharpener woiuld be the other way up to work better as a zip

Yes I did try it sloping the other way but the light was blowing it out, done another couple today with it sloping the other way used a thin material screen to subdue the light

"Cliche"?

Thanks Graham  :tup:

Todays efforts

Rainbow Pencil Zip  by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Rainbow Pencil Zip  by Just Daves Photos, on Flickr

Dave

« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 05:29:14 PM by Just Dave »
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 07:52:30 PM »

Aye rain was bad, Andrew, just had to try my 7D out  :tup:

Dave

Isn't the 7D waterproof?  ::)

Offline krennon

Re: Rainbow Zip *** 2 New Shots Added ***
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 08:56:39 AM »
Definitely works better with the sharpener the other way up,  :tup:

Waterproof = Carrier Bag with a hole cut out for lens + Elastic Band = Rain Cover that works a treat Ok so I wouldn't use this in a real gale force storm but for holding off even reasonably heavy showers this works very well....used this in rain and snow and works well for both and because the carrier bag is fairly thin it doesn't impede controls so much, hence I always have a carrier bag in my camera bag now....that's the next thing Lowepro to bring out a bag with separate AW Cover for your camera that'd be a big seller I reckon...

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 09:29:56 AM »

Isn't the 7D waterproof?  ::)

LOL it is but Im not I may go rusty  :2funny:

Definitely works better with the sharpener the other way up,  :tup:

Thanks Keith, think my problem now with the images on white, is the grey pencil is getting a bit lost, think I need to reverse the colours, to get a stronger image, I wait till its raining again and do a reshoot  :tup:

I do have a large plastic bag for covering my 500mm lens, think I need to invest in 2 camera coats :)

picsfor

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 11:13:42 AM »
  "Cliche"?

Photographing coloured pens, pencils, felt tips in a rainbow arrangement is one of those "cliche" shots - i've seen a few on this site and i think on DCM they could have had a section in the gallery for them - but Dave's take on it has added a nice twist.

All you need to do now Dave is get it printed and mounted in varying sizes and meida types and pop down to your local market (might even be one spare in Chorley  ;) ) and you could maybe get some more dosh towards your next bit of kit  :tup: or pay for a drink  :beer: or two...

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 07:52:27 PM »
Thanks very much Andrew  :tup:

Think I will get the diagonal zip printed after I do a re shoot, as I want to rearrange the colours  :tup:

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 09:13:12 AM »
Hi Andrew whats DCM,? is it digital camera monthly

Offline krennon

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 11:09:38 AM »
DCM Was the Digital Camera Magazine website which a load of us left when it changed its name to "Photo Radar" and there was a perceived rights grab issue for people who posted pics in their Gallery, hence we ended up congregating here, this site was already up and running and Mick does an excellent job with this site (as well as all the moderators), so if you see any reference to DC or DCM that is what we're talking about....
Let us know how the prints turn out be interested to know how they compare to a backlit image on a screen vs a printed image on paper

picsfor

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 02:00:13 PM »
I can answer that one for you already.

No question about it - printed image on paper is far superior in every respect to what you see on the screen.

How do i base that answer?

Well, pop to Abers site and look at his splendid portfolio, then buy one of the books with the pictures in. No brainer. (or pop to his next exhibition)
Look at Eileen's Flickr gallery and then pop to her next exhibition where you will see assortments of those pics in print - no brainer.
Finally, pop down to JR's studio and compare the pictures he has "lying or hanging" and cdompare them with the same popping up on the slide show - no brainer.

Without a doubt - print beats screen every day!

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 05:31:26 PM »
Thanks for the replies Keith and Andrew   :tup:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 634734/3970 Jediboy Last post Today at 09:43:05 AM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 30/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 19/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 166/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 135/2 jinky Last post July 30, 2020, 12:58:25 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 206/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM
xx TIME OUT. Entry thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 165/3 Oldboy Last post July 27, 2020, 10:17:12 PM
xx Horizons CHAT thread 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 85/1 anglefire Last post July 27, 2020, 08:49:22 PM