Horizons PollCanon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: Chat Thread for Weekly Competition 17-23rd January "Mother"  (Read 946 times)

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
Chat Thread for Weekly Competition 17-23rd January "Mother"
« on: January 16, 2011, 10:06:44 AM »
The theme for this week's comp is "Mother". She must be human (no animals or birds) but not necessarily your own. Perhaps your grandmother, the mother of your children, or maybe a young child with a doll. (I thought a competition with people in would make a change.)

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 17th Jan 2011 to Sunday 23rd January 2011 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 24th January 2011.
Poll will be up Tuesday 25th January until Friday 28th January.
Winner to be announced Saturday 29th January.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
create an entries thread
create a chat thread
create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie sunday xx to Monday xx

pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: Chat Thread for Weekly Competition 17-23rd January "Mother"
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 09:04:39 AM »
I have to admit Simon that this one has got me stumped. We (ie my better half) has a strict rule that no identifiable images of the family are posted on the internet. That leaves street shots only, and what with one tree to chop down and another to split I haven't been into town this week.

I'm sure you'll get some interesting entries and look forward to the voting.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 10:09:33 AM »
Tringle,

I'm sorry if the subject is causing problems. Let me say - anyone's mother will do - a neighbour, another club member.... Candid street photography showing a mum pushing a buggy...  And you wouldn't need to give any details as to who they were.

(I must admit I'm finding it harder to get a suitable subject than I expected, so I may have to post the snap of my mum taken last time I visited even though it's not really what I had in mind.)

Don't give up though - that's what a challenge is all about.

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline jinky

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 01:13:46 PM »
Could be any female on basis of maybe being someone`s mother  ;)

Offline Sarasocke

• my flickr
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 06:47:47 PM »
I've actually managed an entry this week! I really don't know where the time goes, before I know it, it's time to put the lights out again  :legit:
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Offline Delamanda

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 07:46:31 PM »
Crikey, this was difficult.  We seem to have a shortage of mothers in the family and neighbourhood,  I don't have any teenage mums in class this year and every time I heard a squealing child and turned around with finger poised on shutter, they were out with their Dads.   Guess the nation's mums are at home with their feet up this week! This is about the only female in my bag for the week, but there's a very good chance that she's a mother!

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 18/0 jinky Last post Today at 10:13:43 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 58/2 Hinfrance Last post Today at 08:05:53 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 210/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 635200/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 42/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 28/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 180/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 218/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM