What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...POLL - Something good, We...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...LIQUID - Entry thread - w...Tool Time PollPhoto show at the Nec - p...

Author Topic: They come in threes  (Read 2979 times)

skellum

They come in threes
« on: December 09, 2010, 08:27:38 PM »
 1. A few weeks ago my wife had her car written off in a accident ( Not her fault I have to add ) but lots of drama and worry.
 2. On Monday my Father in law died suddenly.
 3. Got a phone call from my wife around noon to tell me a pipe had burst at home in the attic which had flooded 2 thirds of the house
     and brought a ceiling down as well. All carpets ruined as well as what was in the waters path. The stop cock was seized so I had to get a mate in to replace it after the drama of
     turning the water off in the street.
     I have just managed to get the electricity back on but sockets only. I will have to checkout the lighting circuits tommorrow.

A bit pissed off now  >:( :( :'(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 12:37:53 AM by Dave »

Offline CML-1591

• Flickr
Re: They come in threes
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 02:48:51 AM »
my mate has had a pretty rough time since June.

Hope it picks up for you and good luck!!
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Offline hevans

• Sigh....why me again??
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 08:30:49 AM »
Blimey Dave, when they mean these things come in threes, it's usually not THAT serious.

Of the three, #2 is probably the most stressful, 1 and 2 are just metal, plaster and bricks and should be sorted by insurance. Dealing with the insurance, though, can be either smooth, or a right royal pain in the arse.

Sympathies with the loss, best of luck with the insurance, and keep the old chin up!

Hugh

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 09:10:45 AM »
Sorry about your problems Dave.

picsfor

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 10:37:22 AM »
Nothing good about this thread except the well wishes.

Hope you get 3 great things happen now to off set the down side of this week...

Offline irv_b

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 01:04:01 PM »
Sorry to here of your bad turn of events Dave hope you get some good fortune to cover it!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Offline Darren1978

• CC Regular visitor
    • Darren Faulkner Photos
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 01:39:52 PM »
Sorry to hear of your recent troubles Dave, especially number 2...terrible news.

I know what your going through....

I had a bad run with cars a few weeks ago, and it all happened within 2 days...first the clutch needed replacing on my finace's car (£300), then my alternator needed replacing (£290) and then I found out I needed a track-rod end replacing as well (£200)....still waiting for the first of three good things to happen to make up for it!

A few years ago I had a really bad run of three.....in November my wife and I split up (was actually a blessing in disguise), in December my dad died of cancer :'( and then next June my nan died of cancer :'(

Hope things improve for you and your wife Dave  :tup:

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 02:36:13 PM »
Sorry to hear your news Dave.

I hope you find your way through it all and that 2011 is free of such distress.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 04:43:22 PM »
Let's hope things get back to normal as quick as possible Dave. Commiserations on the irreplaceable loss however.

Offline Graham

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 04:48:36 PM »
   Jeez Dave What a time your having!
                                                   Sounds like your getting all your bad luck out of the way in one fell swoop.
                                                   Here's to a peaceful and prosperous 2011. Condolances to your wife, nothing quite prepares you for that.
                                                            All the best.   Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 05:24:29 PM »
Blimey that's a rough time.

Mind you 2 puts the others in perspective.

Things have got to get better.
It's Guest's round

Offline Sandy

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 09:52:46 PM »
Sorry to hear about your problems I hope thats the end and things improve now.
All the best

Sandy

Offline Eileen

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 06:32:00 AM »
Sorry to hear your bad news Dave. Take care, Eileen

skellum

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 06:18:09 PM »
Things started to happen today. Three men arrived to remove the rest of the ceiling and all that was damaged from the burst. We now have four industrial humidifiers on the go in the Lounge, Garage, Kitchen & Upstairs bedroom.  Unfortunately nothing more can be done untill the place has dried out and we are given a " Dry Certificate "  in about a week :'(   Couple of pics below.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 06:22:08 PM by Dave »

Offline Graham

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2010, 06:44:13 PM »
  Hi Dave.
                We had cause to use a couple of those humidifiers at work afew weeks ago ( :-[ :doh: :uglystupid2:) and they work a treat, you'll be amazed at how much water they suck out of the atmosphere!
                Keep your chin up and make sure to make time to enjoy a bit of Christmas spirit! :tup: :beer:
                                  Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 592448/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 570839/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 103/0 Jediboy Last post March 31, 2020, 01:52:43 PM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp CHAT thread International Weekly Comp Entries 378/13 Hinfrance Last post March 30, 2020, 09:12:04 AM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp ENTRY thread International Weekly Comp Entries 168/5 Hinfrance Last post March 30, 2020, 09:08:37 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 35/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:22:41 PM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 69/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:21:27 PM
xx Poll - Stuck at Home International Weekly Comp Entries 221/3 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:16:30 PM