FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...LIQUID - Entry thread - w...

Author Topic: Vote for ME!!!  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
Vote for ME!!!
« on: November 02, 2010, 12:23:14 PM »
I can't tell you how much I hate those cringey forum posts where people try to get votes for themselves in pointless awards things.  And of course I'd never stoop so low.  But this one's going to be on the telly!  My mum would be so proud....

http://www.weddingideasmag.com/awards-2011-voting.html

(Um, I'm under "wedding photographers" and it's WeddingsByRyan - ta ever so).

If you like I can make recommendations for the other categories (mainly people I've sold my vote to...  :2funny:)

It's Guest's round

Offline Oldboy

Re: Vote for ME!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 03:48:48 PM »
I would but can't because I'm not a bride or ever will be.  :o  :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »
I would but can't because I'm not a bride or ever will be.  :o  :2funny: :2funny:

1. You don't need to be
2. They don't check
It's Guest's round

Offline rksmith51

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 04:21:52 PM »
I've been an gone an dun it, but I had to cast a dozen random votes for other categories to complete it, best of luck Jonathan.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Offline Graham

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 07:06:47 PM »
  Good to see your prepared to stoop as low as the next man! "Mum would be so proud" my arse! :2funny:
                  Vote cast.  Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline irv_b

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 09:35:28 PM »
  Good to see your prepared to stoop as low as the next man! "Mum would be so proud" my arse! :2funny:

;D ;D ;D
Voted too!
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Offline jinky

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 07:57:08 AM »
Got mine too - just for your mum  :D

Offline Delamanda

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 11:12:38 AM »
Even if you hadn't posted this thread and in the unlikely event that I had stumbled across this, I would have still voted for you, because apart from John Lewis and Moss Bros, it was the only sensible name there - Dixy chics, supersize me wedding frocks, glitter and twitter ... what an amazing insight into the wedding industry.  This has only reinforced my decision not to ever, ever, ever tie the knot!!  :)  Good luck, hope you win!

Offline Sandy

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 08:41:43 PM »
Good luck I have added my vote

Sandy

Offline Eileen

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 09:57:46 PM »
I've voted for you also. Let us know how you get on.  :)

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Four bodies and some lenses. :)
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 10:14:43 PM »
... what an amazing insight into the wedding industry.  This has only reinforced my decision not to ever, ever, ever tie the knot!!  :)  Good luck, hope you win!

I tied the not before all this malarky came about- our photographer, did do the pre-wedding bit at SWMBO's house as she got dressed up - but not the evening - and all done on a MF film body - about 120 shots total - still cost over £800 - 16years ago - He is actually a industrial photographer that did weddings on the side :) Still going I think.

I've just voted - what an absolute farce - how can anyone actually truthfully answer ALL those questions?
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 07:56:46 AM »
Thank you all!

@Angelfire - yeah it's a pretty odd way of voting.  I know a fair bit about the "industry" and honestly I only have an opinion on about 75% of the categories.
It's Guest's round

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 08:09:46 AM »
Noticed the following :

Welcome to the Wedding Ideas Awards 2011! This is your chance to vote for your favourite wedding companies – the only awards where you, the real brides-to-be of Britain, decide the winners!

Do you think they'll notice that some of those here that voted are of the male persuasion? :o

Or is there a special section for transvestites? 'We are Ladies You Know!'

Looks like a good candidate for 'Publication of the Week' on Have I Got News for You.

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2010, 09:11:07 AM »
Weddings are incredibly sexist.  At a wedding fair it's common practise only to count brides.

I've never actually been to a wedding fair as a punter but I did try to buy a food processor in John Lewis with my wife.  After 10 minutes of the salesperson talking only to her we drifted away and I said "now I know how you feel when we go to a car showroom....".

Editor of WiMagazine has said that everybody is welcome to vote.
It's Guest's round

Offline Bigbill

• Gigstills
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2010, 10:22:51 AM »
Hewwo from Windy Sheffy

Done JR and it was a pleasure,,,,looking at your site its only right if you scoop the award.

Shine On

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 24/0 jinky Last post Today at 10:28:18 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 24/0 jinky Last post Today at 10:26:56 AM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 141/1 jinky Last post Today at 10:16:00 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 592879/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571056/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp CHAT thread International Weekly Comp Entries 392/13 Hinfrance Last post March 30, 2020, 09:12:04 AM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp ENTRY thread International Weekly Comp Entries 177/5 Hinfrance Last post March 30, 2020, 09:08:37 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:22:41 PM