• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 166
  • Total: 166
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

POLL - After Dark - Weekly Comp 11-17 Oct 2010

Started by Hinfrance, October 19, 2010, 09:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for you favourite After Dark photograph

Dave - Liverpool Waterfront

8 (40%)
Tringle WP - Torches in the Garden

2 (10%)
irv_b - Night Out at the Movies

5 (25%)
jimthetrain - Saturday's Moon

1 (5%)
Delamanda - Station Bench

0 (0%)
Oldboy - Dawn's Early Light

4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: October 23, 2010, 10:54:05 AM

Hinfrance

Vote for your favourite After Dark photograph. :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

alan1572

great shots as normal, i went with Dave's great shot of my home town :tup:
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

skellum

I voted for Howards. He must of had all the family involved in this one.... :legit:

Just Dave

Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

irv_b

The beautiful colours in Oldboys shot, swung it for me :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Hinfrance

Quote from: Dave on October 19, 2010, 03:20:50 PM
I voted for Howards. He must of had all the family involved in this one.... :legit:

Alas Dave, they think I'm quite mad. I did it all myself - four shots from many takes combined. And my RF602 transmitter packed up after the first frame and I had to set the timer and run back to where I was waving the torches about. Most exercise I've had in weeks :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Sarasocke

It was a toss-up between Dave and Oldboy for me, but Dave is really a master at this type of photography IMHO.  :tup:
Oldboy deserves a medal for getting up so early - that's dedication!
Superb photos all round.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

jimthetrain

I voted for Dave's as well. Perhaps Oldboy was only getting in at that time  :beer: :beer: or is that only something that I do a lot of. :D
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Oldboy

Thanks for the votes and comments.  :tup:
No problem getting up at that time, just upset I didn't have any mist to add atmospher to the shoot.  :(

Used to come in from working nights at that time and before that drinking clubs!  :o

Some cracking shots this week but went for irv_b's Movie photo, as it has great framing and love the people walking past who aren't looking at the camera.  :tup:

skellum

Well thanks for votes and comments. No idea as to a theme for next week yet so any ideas would be appreciated....Dave :-\

Hinfrance

Well done Dave - great shot.

I went for Irv's. It's been years since I went to a cinema - the consequence of being a parent and living in the middle of nowhere. And the films here start at 9:00 or 10:00 at night, too late for a sleepy head like me.

I'm sure you'll think of something after a few pints.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

skellum

Quote from: Tringle WP on October 24, 2010, 07:54:00 AM
Well done Dave - great shot.

I went for Irv's. It's been years since I went to a cinema - the consequence of being a parent and living in the middle of nowhere. And the films here start at 9:00 or 10:00 at night, too late for a sleepy head like me.

I'm sure you'll think of something after a few pints.

Well I still havn't thought of anything. I am of to the lakes today so maybe the fresh air will help me think.. :legit:

Hinfrance

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.