SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...Poll - Stuck at HomeWhat annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...Joke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...LIQUID - Entry thread - w...Tool Time PollPhoto show at the Nec - p...Uploading

Author Topic: Sony NEX 5  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Bigbill

• Gigstills
Sony NEX 5
« on: October 03, 2010, 08:35:26 PM »
Hewwo from soggy Sheffy.

I,m thinking of getting Leggy Liz the above mentioned for christmas,,,anyone got any info experience ??

Or should it be the Lumix G2 ??

Shine On

Offline Malcolm1938

Re: Sony NEX 5
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 09:09:32 PM »
Looking at the 2 lens deals on the Samsung NX10 make it well worth consideration.
You can also still find great deals on the Panny G1 (Park Cameras) and I know a couple of users who are both well pleased with it.

Malcolm
FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

Offline krennon

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 01:06:48 PM »
No exp of it myself but up in London the other week I saw an awful lot of NEX 5 users, (guess 'cos I'm an alpha user I noticed the Sony badging) There is an adaptor for A mount lenses so they can be used on the Nex models not sure how compatible they'd be with Minolta A mount lenses though I reckon they'd work but won't swear to it however somebody at www.alphamountworld.com will be able to answer that one.

Any chance of getting "Leggy Liz" into a shop to try the various options? I know it's an Xmas pressy but as we always say to posters who say "what camera should I buy" it needs to feel right in the hand as much as anything else...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Offline Bigbill

• Gigstills
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 05:01:14 PM »
Hewwo from Warm and Breezey Sheffy,,,

Thanks for the input you Two,,,,maybe i,ll just get her a set of pans !!

Shine On

Offline Carlj

• Global Moderator
  • Happy to shoot
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 02:06:16 PM »
Set of pans always go down well, I find....

Nex E to A mount adaptor works fine, though AF won't happen till the firmware update is announced, and then, I believe, with SSM/SAM lenses. Body felt good and sturdy when I had a play. Also may be worth noting that due to the mount size, adaptors for every conceivable mount are starting to appear. And as full aps-c, low noise and less depth of field due to sensor size may appeal too!

But also look at the A33 - compact for a dslr, and AP really loved using it according to the review!
Carl

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp CHAT thread International Weekly Comp Entries 309/13 Hinfrance Last post Today at 09:12:04 AM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp ENTRY thread International Weekly Comp Entries 113/5 Hinfrance Last post Today at 09:08:37 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 18/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:22:41 PM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:21:27 PM
xx Poll - Stuck at Home International Weekly Comp Entries 183/3 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:16:30 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 590466/3915 Jediboy Last post March 28, 2020, 02:04:26 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 569646/3891 Oldboy Last post March 27, 2020, 03:45:19 PM
xx Joke of the day General Discussion 95036/351 Jediboy Last post March 24, 2020, 04:14:01 PM