POLL for STREETSTREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: Asking for help on (yet) another shoot  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
Asking for help on (yet) another shoot
« on: September 20, 2010, 07:11:38 PM »
I feel bad asking again....but people have always been keen in the past.....

21st October I have another "interesting" location shoot.  It's for a bridal jewellery designer (she makes tiaras and stuff - don't ask me for details cos it's all secret ATM...).

We have a big box of sparkly stuff, 3 models, 2 hair stylists, one fantastic MUA, couple of stylists, frock designer and, err, a historic train station...... :)  Check it out http://www.bucksrailcentre.org/

Gonna be a LONG HARD day.  Makeup starts at 8 and I'll be there then to walk the course and figure some stuff out (I think I have to leave home at 5am....).  Shooting at 10:30 until probably 5 ish.

Anybody like to help out?  Typically there is no budget but there will be food (!!!).  You'd be mainly moving stuff around and pointing lights in roughly the right direction.  You may even enjoy it.  It's possible you'll learn something (if only that it really does take 10 people all day to do this kind of thing).

Interested?

It's Guest's round

Offline Malcolm1938

Re: Asking for help on (yet) another shoot
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 09:19:45 PM »
I'd love to get involved but it will be too soon for my new Knee

Hope you get plenty of interest.

Malcolm
FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

Offline rksmith51

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 10:18:17 AM »
 :'( to far away for me or I would be in.
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Offline Sarasocke

• my flickr
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 10:20:11 AM »
Jonathan - just when will you be doing a shoot in Germany ?? Preferably in the Frankfurt area ....  :legit:
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 12:12:56 PM »
Jonathan - just when will you be doing a shoot in Germany ?? Preferably in the Frankfurt area ....  :legit:

Um, I was in Belgium 2 weeks ago.  That close enough....?
It's Guest's round

Offline CML-1591

• Flickr
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 06:51:54 PM »
nahh the only question here is:

where's Irv?
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Offline Graham

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 06:57:07 PM »

where's Irv?
      Get in there first then!
                                      I seem to remember that you missed out on the last oportunity. How good would that look on your CV?
                                                            Just do it!
                                                                          Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline Colin

• My Woodturning
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 07:19:28 AM »
Jonathan it's about time you came to sunny Spain.

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 07:42:23 AM »
Jonathan it's about time you came to sunny Spain.

Would love to...... :)

If that's a serious invite then let's figure something out.  It will be damp and cold here soon.
It's Guest's round

Offline CML-1591

• Flickr
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 04:21:08 PM »

where's Irv?
      Get in there first then!
                                      I seem to remember that you missed out on the last oportunity. How good would that look on your CV?
                                                            Just do it!
                                                                          Graham.

Haha, he's leaving at 5am! Lets say that again FIVE A. M! You still remember i'm a student and a teenager right? :D :tup: ;)
Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment. - Ansel Adams,

Offline Graham

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 04:46:07 PM »

where's Irv?
      Get in there first then!
                                                            Just do it!
                                                                          Graham.

Haha, he's leaving at 5am! Lets say that again FIVE A. M! You still remember i'm a student and a teenager right? :D :tup: ;)
        You could go straight there when the clubs kick you out!

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline krennon

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 05:13:09 PM »
Goshdarn another weekday shoot otherwise I'd jump at the chance but no hols left for this year now....

so what if you're a student and a teenager just go and do it for chrissakes....when I was a teenager I did a day shift then a night shift then another day shift.....and that was working in a warehouse unloading 40 foot containers....get your lazy ass out of bed and go n learn something you won't learn at college.... ;) Coffee, coffee, pro plus coffee pro plus, coffee coffe pro plus and throw in some red bull (without the vodka) should keep you going for the day....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Offline CML-1591

• Flickr
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 05:21:00 PM »

so what if you're a student and a teenager just go and do it for chrissakes....when I was a teenager I did a day shift then a night shift then another day shift.....and that was working in a warehouse unloading 40 foot containers....get your lazy ass out of bed and go n learn something you won't learn at college.... ;) Coffee, coffee, pro plus coffee pro plus, coffee coffe pro plus and throw in some red bull (without the vodka) should keep you going for the day....

I can't find an emoticon for this so.... *yawn*

Offline krennon

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 05:24:30 PM »
That's why I put the emoticon in....as in JOKE!!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Offline Graham

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 06:43:24 PM »
Goshdarn another weekday shoot otherwise I'd jump at the chance but no hols left for this year now....

Could'nt have put it better myself!
                      Anyway, back to jonathan's thread. :tup:

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 40/0 Hinfrance Last post Today at 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 120/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 173/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 218/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 60/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 20/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 269/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 268/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM