POLL for STREETSTREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: Chat thread - Weekly Competition 20th - 26th September - Autumn  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Oldboy

Chat thread - Weekly Competition 20th - 26th September - Autumn
« on: September 19, 2010, 11:46:08 PM »
This is the chat thread for Autumn.

As it's the Season of Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness, this weeks topic is Autumn. Lots of fruit on the trees, might be mist towards the weekend and might be some nice sunshine mid-week.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 20th September to Sunday 26th September.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 27th September.
Poll will be up Tuesday 28st September  until 23.59pm Friday 1st October.
Winner to be announced Saturday 2nd October, (winner should post the new topic no later than 23.59 Sunday 3rd October).

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
create an entries thread
create a chat thread
create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie sunday xx to Monday xx

pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Poll to be created Tuesday to run till Friday, winner declared Saturday

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
Re: Chat thread - Weekly Competition 20th - 26th September - Autumn
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 05:54:02 PM »
What a nice simple idea to follow all the esoteric subjects we've had lately. And sure to produce some wonderful entries.....
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 07:42:46 PM »
What a nice simple idea to follow all the esoteric subjects we've had lately. And sure to produce some wonderful entries.....

I hope?  :-\

Offline SimonW

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 09:33:24 PM »
Um...  Had a lttle try now. Maybe it's more of a challenge than I initially thought. Here it's still a little early in the season for the spectacular tree colours. An interesting exercise nevertheless.

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline jinky

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 08:28:46 AM »
2 problems for me.
1. Not quite autumn here in Leeds
2. Been laid up with a nasty virus since Thursday that has lost me 7lbs but left me feeling pretty washed out and exacerbated an old balance problem so not allowed out to play.
Got a few woodland shots on Thursday I will have to "warm up" maybe unless we get any colour in the garden shrubs tomorrow.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 03:04:19 PM »
Sorry to hear you've not been well Paul - hope you're back to full cheekiness very soon.

Like you, I've not got much in the way of traditional autumn colours about the place, so I went for these flowers just outside the airport perimeter and in front of a field of maize. There may have been some PP work done . .

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline jinky

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 09:23:56 AM »
Thanks H. Picking up now a bit. My wife thinks I am probably well enough to go to a mate`s little do and miss watching Stoke v Newcastle live on the TV but I`m not so sure  ;)

Anyway still no shooting so luckily I got this on Thursday when out in the woods to keep up the entry numbers. It`s a warmed up HDR of 5 images

Offline SimonW

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2010, 10:19:39 AM »
I took a snap of brambles (blackberries) and rosehips, and added it to my gallery just in case. But I didn't really want to use it for the comp, and now Del has posted a much better one anyway.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Sarasocke

• my flickr
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 03:01:38 PM »
For the first time in ages I actually had a wander round the garden this morning. I didn't think there'd be so much to photograph as Autumn hasn't really set in here yet, but I was surprised. I've loaded a couple of snaps into my gallery, but decided to go with this one for the comp

It made a really nice change from dogs  :legit:
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Hinfrance Last post August 11, 2020, 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 123/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 174/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 220/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 61/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 20/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 271/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 268/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM