Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons PollHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: New tv programme on channel 5  (Read 4280 times)

Offline krennon

New tv programme on channel 5
« on: September 09, 2010, 11:31:40 AM »
Tues 14th Sept 19:30 How To Take Stunning Pictures,

New series only seen the trailer for it but looks like it could be interesting, synopsis here from the Ch 5 website, like the idea that it includes taking a portrait for HfH Charity..

How to Take Stunning Pictures (Special Interest)
Time - 19:30 - 20:00 (30 minutes long)
When - Tuesday 14th September on Five
Photography masterclass presented by Suzi Perry. Celebrity photographer Harry Borden instructs two budding snappers in how to turn simple snapshots of friends and family into stunning portraits. Harry's students are then put to the test with assignments that include producing a heroic portrait for the Help for Heroes charity.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: New tv programme on channel 5
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 06:20:54 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. Alas the words 'Suzi' and 'Perry' don't bode well for the quality of the programme.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Colin

• My Woodturning
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 06:48:32 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. Alas the words 'Suzi' and 'Perry' don't bode well for the quality of the programme.
True but she is nice to look at though ;)

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 09:06:37 AM »
Looks interesting, worth a gander. A little aprehensive about anything which promises to teach you how to take 'stunning pictures'. One man's stun is another man's yuk! :legit:

Offline krennon

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 06:32:15 PM »
Yep one mans stun is anothers yuk agree totally, but Suzi Perry is nice to look at and I reckon anything that maybe generates interest in proper photography has got to be a good thing, not sure how many episodes it will run for or who the other "guest pro togs" are going to be, but I'll be watching it hopefully, (got the in-laws up next week so tv viewing is going to be a bit hit and miss) maybe I can use the excuse of it might give me some ideas for when we go to Buckingham Palace.....lol 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Offline Just Dave

• Holidays-Revealed
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 08:41:56 PM »
Hi

Just found this Channel 5 now have a promotional website for the programme, see Clicky Linky

Dave
Visit Our Website Clicky Linky My Flickr Clicky Linky Scrap Cars Buyer scrapcarsbuyer.co.uk

Offline ABERS

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 10:19:30 PM »
Oh dear Martin Parr yet again! :(

Offline Trickee

• Mysite
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 10:16:09 AM »
well i will watch it but feel that it will be well cheesy :)

Offline ABERS

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 11:31:26 AM »
Wait till they do it on ice! :o

Offline rksmith51

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 12:29:55 PM »
They are running a competition, I thought " Action or nature shots " no and it costs to enter http://www3.five.tv/stunning_pictures/competition I've set the recorder but like others I don't think it will be all that interesting or informative.

Bob
Hi, "Guest" long time no see, how are you

Offline Trickee

• Mysite
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 09:29:32 PM »
well just as i thought not very impressive,  no talk of camera settings, not stunning pictures, very disappointed hope it might improve but i doubt it. :(

Offline nickt

• nick.thompson photography
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 10:42:58 PM »
I only got to see the second half. I can't believe they were using live view to focus. Were they shown the different settings. Surely they weren't shooting in 'auto'.

Nick

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2010, 11:23:04 PM »
The only high-light was when Suzi Perry, wearing a white dress walked infront of the window.  :-[

The advice came down to what we all do at times, take lots of pictures as one might be a good one.  :(

Offline Graham

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 05:57:32 AM »
  I missed It! :D
                           Should I bother with "Catch up" telly? :-\
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

picsfor

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 07:12:40 AM »
Nope, didn't do a lot for me.

The challenges were interesting, but then that's what we do most of the time - get challenged to get "that" pic.

What puzzled me was when Suzi Perry announced she'd been taking pictures since she was 9 and then offered comfort to the 2 "aspiring togs" that we all shoot in auto mode for safety.
"9" - and shes still shooting in auto mode for safety?
And where were her pictures? Or were the included rejects hers?

They could have put Kelly Brook in and achieved the same effect!

Disappointed indeed. Thankfully i'm at work for the next episode.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 212/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 84/0 jinky Last post August 04, 2020, 10:13:43 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 237/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636180/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 58/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 42/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 198/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 238/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM